Monday, December 10, 2007

Not so Lazy Lizards!

The 2nd Monday of the month has become the week my CCEE friends and I create a card for a fellow SCSer that has a fun or catchy name ..... can you guess whose name we chose this week LOL!


Yes you guessed it .... Lazy Lizard!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Liz .... hope you like the card I created for you!

Now this time round adding "lazy" to our card was optional ... I decided not to include it cause addy lazy to a card seems a bit ... well you kwim! Apparently when I uploaded the group snow cards to my SCS gallery that all the CCEE girls made for me ... Liz commented that she too does not see snow very often..... and she wondered if because of that, she would be getting cards from all of us .... well I guess the answer to that this time round is ..... YES!!!!!!!!! However because of this comment ... this also gave someone who seems to have something about snowflakes the idea that we had to include one snowflake on our cards ............ arghhhhhhhhh!

Anyway .... I decided that I wanted to play with my alcohol inks for this card .... I used terracotta, butterscotch, ginger and gold to create the background on gloss card. I decided to go with a lizard stamp that I have had for years and years ... it wouldn't be my oldest stamp but it definitely is one of the earlier stamps I purchased way back when. After stamping all my images, I added the black brads around each edge. I thought the ideal place for my "snowflake" was on one of my circle images ... I used my going places cricut cartridge to create mine using black card .... I guess the snow got a little dirty ... hehehehe! This was then layered to black card and onto a bigger piece of really rust card that I had stamped the bottom and right edge with a border stamp.

This was a fun card to create ... wonder who we will be creating cards for next month ... if you are on SCS and have a fun name ..... it just might be you ;)

Recipe: Stamps: Lizard & Squiggle Border - Print Blocks (Aust); Medallion - My Stamps (Aust)
Papers: White Gloss; Black; Really Rust - SU
Other: Black Archival Ink; Terracotta, Butterscotch, Ginger & Gold Alcohol Inks; Black Brads; Going Places Cricut Cartridge

8 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Wow!! Liz will love this!! It's a dynamic card with a great showcase for those zippy lizards! Wooohooooo!!

~Bev

Mary said...

I've yet to make a card using alcohol inks. I have them.......just have not used them. Shame on me. Anyway, I love your card. It is awesome.

Mary

Unknown said...

This is a GREAT card for LazyLizard! I love it so much!

Carolyn King said...

Your lizard card is AMAZING frances! Wow.....a stunner..

Linda Carson said...

WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

OMG, Frances, you have outdone yourself once again. This card is truly a work of art. I love it!

Wanda said...

WOW, I just LOVE this card. TFS

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! Wish I was a Lady Lizard!!! I LOVE everything about this card Frances, it's fabulous!!!!!!

Liz is going to LOVE it too!!!!!!