Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree!

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree how beautiful your branches ....... oops yes sorry that is me singing again .... I love singing the Christmas Carols even if I don't sing them very well hehe!

A few weeks ago SCS posted a number of Christmas themed tutorials, one of these tutorials was how to create these Paper Trees. As these seemed like something fun to do I decided to purchase a foam cone shape and create one myself.

I used the Holiday Thyme DP which may be last years DP in the US & Canada but to all the Aussie stampers down here it is the latest release ... go figure ha!

I found the gold embellishment at the top of my tree in my craft cupboard ... these decorated my Christmas crackers last year and I managed to rescue a few other everyone pulled them so at least one has now been recycled! I created the star using my George cricut cartridge.
Recipe: Papers: Cranberry Crisp & Holiday Thyme DP - Stampin' Up
Other: George Cricut Cartridge; Gold Embellishment

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Its so beautiful! I love the gold stuff topped with the star....very creative!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is truly a work of art. The star you created for the top was the perfect touch!

Diane said...

I've seen a few of these and like yours the best cause it has the same pattern in each row.It looks
really nice,TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!! I love the gold embellishment on the top and the star! I was wishing I had a star for mine, next time, maybe!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for a homemade centerpiece!
http://stampalicious.blogspot.com

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Adorable!!!!