Friday, December 28, 2007

Hoo's Having a Birthday!

Here is another card I made yesterday ... I ended up making 3 yesterday using various sketches ... I have already posted one to my blog and I will post the other tomorrow. This one was made using the mojo monday sketch#17 from Poetic Artistry's blog.

For this one I did get to use mostly new toys ... the owl and tree comes from the Pretty Birds set from CHF .... I really liked this owl ..... I even went outside my "box" and colored it in blue ... I am starting to like blue owls LOL! I wanted to make this one a birthday card so I used the verse from that goes with the Owl from the Carolyn King Collection from Gina K Designs. The DP is also from the stack pack I got for Christmas called retro prints .... I am loving this DP.


Recipe:
Stamps: Pretty Birds Set - Cornish Heritage Farms; Verse - Gina K Designs; Weave Backgrounder - CHF
Papers: White; Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean & Wild Washabi - SU; Retro Prints DP Stack - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Cool Caribbean & Wild Washabi SU Inks; Circle Nestabilities; Circle Punches; Word Window Punch; Brown Brads; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

WOW! That turned out GREAT! Those color combos are beautiful! {SMILES}

Diane said...

Great card!! Love the colors and the layout!! TFS!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Awesome! I love that DP and the layout, too. Very unique.

Linda Carson said...

toooooooooooooo cute!

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful job with Julee's sketch! Those owls are too darned cute!

Linda

Unknown said...

I love this layout so much!! Fabulous card!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Lovely! These colors are fabulous together and that owl just seems to jump off the card. Great card!