Thursday, December 6, 2007

Playing the VSN Mini Challenges!

Well today is the last of the VSN mini challenges before the big event which will be held 18 - 19 January 2008. As with the previous mini challenges this round there are 4 challenges which you can find in the VSN forum of SCS.

So far I have on managed to complete two of the challenges ... but I do have 2 weeks to complete them in so I might be able to get one or two more done ... we will see.

The first card above is for the sketch challenge, I used a stamp by Rubber Romance ... I think it fits the theme of VSN quite well (Girl's Night Out). I stamped the image on white card using black ink, paper piercing the top corners of the card and layering onto black & red card. The centre panel is black layered on red with brads attached to the top & bottom of the panel. I used basic grey's scarlet letter DP which is layered to black card. A piece of red card is attached to the top section and then the black ribbon layered over the top of this ... Finally this was all layered to the folded red card.




This one is for the Inspiration challenge ... I guess this is the first inspiration challenge I have ever done ... our inspiration was a dress .... I selected colors that looked similar to the dress and tried to achieve a similar pattern. I used the flower and stem from Spiral Bouquet to decorate my cream panel and also the base Blue Bayou card. I cut strips of not quite navy, added the brads and layered these to the top and bottom of the card. Finally I stamped "Enjoy" to a piece of cream card, punched out using my oval punch and attached to the card using foam tape.
Recipe: Sketch Challenge: Stamps: Samantha - Rubber Romance
Papers: Red - Stampin' Up; Black; White; Scarlet Letter DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Red Brads; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

Inspiration Challenge: Stamps: Spiral Bouquet - Papertrey Ink Paper: Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy & Vanilla - Stampin' Up Other: Not Quite Navy & Blue Bayou SU Ink; Blue Brads; Oval Punch; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are fantastic! WOW!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love them both!

Carolyn King said...

Frances--I love all your vsn cards! (well, i love everything you do!!!) Great job, girlfriend!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Both of your cards are really nice. I love Papertrey stamps but dont' have that set yet!