Friday, December 28, 2007

Relax .... Pamper Yourself!

Here's a card I made for this week's MFT sketch challenge over at the member forums of SCS. I used one of my older MFT stamps for this card .... I did get to use my new DP I got for Christmas and the background stamp is also a newer one from CHF.

I wanted to use my scallop nestabilities for this card ... the rectangles were not long enough for the image I was using so I got one of my square ones and cut that out twice from the chocolate chip card and then overlapped it to create the size I needed ... this works sooo well and you can't see any of the joins.

The background on the base card was created using CHF's scratched grid backgrounder ... I stamped it first all over in cool caribbean and then again using chocolate chip... I also sponged around the edge of the card using chocolate chip.


Recipe:
Stamps: Time for Bubbly - My Favorite Things; Scratched Grid - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Cool Caribbean; Soft Sky & Chocolate Chip - SU; Retro Prints Stack - DCWV
Other: Black Ink; Cool Caribbean & Chocolate Chip SU Inks; Square & Rectangle Nestabilities; White Gel Pen; Brown Brads; Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

4 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

It's gorgeous, Frances! I love how you used your nestabilities on this one!

Anonymous said...

This card is sooo pretty!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card...I love both the background stamp and the designer paper!! Great combo!

Linda Nicholson said...

Really love how you used this sketch! Great colors! I may have to break out my new MFT stamps tonight and play along!

Linda