Monday, December 24, 2007

Did I Really Need to Make Another Christmas Card!

Ok did I really need to make another Christmas card this year .... to be truthful the answer has to be a big NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine have all been posted for this year .... and besides Christmas is only 1 day away now LOL, today is Christmas Eve downunder in Australia! However when I saw the sketch for this weeks sketch challenge that Iheart2stamp has on her blog .... I just couldn't help myself but to use this new image I received from Rubbernecker Stamps on Friday.

Even though I ordered this stamp earlier in the month I didn't intend to use it this year as I knew my stamps wouldn't get here to around this time .... but it was one of those stamps that when you see it you just have to have ... I first saw it on Jeanne's of Inky Paws blog and thought it would be a great stamp to use for my daughters next year.

I stamped the main image onto white card using black ink and layered this onto red card .... I used my ticket corner punch to do the top corners of the red layer only and then layered this to olive card. I used my paper piercing mat & tool to create the piercing to the top corners.

The background was created using the star background from MFT's Icing on the cake set .... I used my markers on the stamp so I could get there red & green stars .. this is a little tedious but was worth it to get the multi color effect.

I also used my markers to my verse which is from Gina K's punch word set ..... I used my nestabilities to cut the layers for the verse.

I decided I wanted two colors of ribbon on my card so I used my thin olive grosgrain ribbon and my wider red grosgrain across the top of the card.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Miss Holly - Stamp Oasis(Rubbernecker); Verse - Gina K Designs; Icing on the Cake - MFT
Paper: White; Real Red & Old Olive - SU
Other: Black Ink; Marvy Brush Marker #96; Tombow #856; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Circle Nestabilities; Red & Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This turned out amazing! I'm so glad you made your own background, its perfect with this image!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THAT IMAGE!!! Thx for playing!!!

Anonymous said...

She's fabulous Frances!!!

Diane said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oooh la la, isn't she a beauty! :-) What a gorgeous card!

Linda Nicholson said...

What a beautiful card! Love the background and all of your details!

Linda