Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Cupcake Day!

First up some exciting news about me! I was recently asked by Kim of My Favorite Stamps to join her design team ..... of course I am very excited and said yes! I am looking forward to working with everyone on the design team ... I already know a few of them and can't wait to get to know the others.

This card is for this weeks featured stamp on SCS. This week the honor goes to Danielle aka dlounds ...... it was so hard trying to find just one card for me to CASE today as Danielle has some lovely cards in there .... I did however finally decide on one to CASE which you can find here.

I decided to use my cupcake and part of a verse from the MFT "Icing on the Cake" Set I purchased recently. I thought the cupcake verse would work well with the Happy in "Happy Everything". I liked the colors Danielle used for her card so more or less kept with those colors, but as per the rules I did change more then 2 things:
  • Substituted Happy from Happy Everything instead of Celebrate Everything
  • Substituted Cupcake day instead of your day
  • Used a different DP
  • Added brads & sponging to my white rectangle card
  • Used two narrow ribbons instead of the one ribbon
  • Substituted the cupcake on the scallop circles instead of the flower.
Recipe:
Stamps: Icing on the Cake - MFT; Happy Everything - SU
Papers: White; Rose Red; Creamy Caramel; Blush Blossom & Rose Red DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Rose Red SU Ink; Brads; Circle Nestabilities; Pink Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Frances, Congrats on MFT! Kim sure knows how to pick them!!

Linda Nicholson said...

Congratulations of being picked as a MFT designer! Such a deserved honor!

Gorgeous card too by the way!

Linda

Michele Kovack said...

Congratulations on your DT position!!! It is so well deserved!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you, my friend! I love your card, its adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers, congratulations, Frances!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is such exciting news, Frances!! You totally deserve this, and I know you're going to do a fantastic job. Sheesh, you'd better stop getting on design teams or I'm gonna go broke! :-)
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Frances! You are a fantastic addition to the team, and we are going to have a blast working together! I look forward to getting to know you better -- Happy New Year and HUGS!