Monday, December 17, 2007

Louie the Fly!


Louie the fly,oh Louie the fly ... straight from rubbish tip to you .......... oops sorry singing again!

This card is for a challenge I do with my CCEE friends on SCS .... this week our challenge was to create a card inspired by your favorite TV commercial or if we didn't have a favorite one by any TV commercial. Most of the TV I watch ... I pre - record using my IQ (Australia's version of TVO) so when commercials are on I just fast forward so I don't get to watch many commercials these days ;)

When I first saw this challenge I knew what I was going to do ... as I had just ordered a stamp from Whipper Snapper of a puppy with toilet paper all over him ... but when the stamp arrived I had to use it straight away LOL ... I guess I could have still used that stamp ... but it wasn't a challenge to me anymore kwim. Then I got my toilet set from Gina K ... and stamped that with a duck in it as it reminded me of toilet duck cleaner .... once I uploaded one of my CCEE friends said it was perfect for this challenge ........ arghhhhhhh so it was LOL! So after that it took me a while to figure out what I would do .

This card is inspired by a classic Australian commercial ..... for a fly spray called Mortein .... the main character in this commercial is a fly named Louie .... there have been various different commercials through the years all about Louie.

While I was doing some research yesterday looking for the words for this commercial I came across the particular commercial on You Tube .... if you would like to see the commercial that inspired my card you will find it here.

As this card was inspired by a TV commercial I couldn't resist using my large TV for my images ... it seemed a perfect time to use that stamp.


Recipe:
Stamps: TV - Judikins; Fly - Sunday International; Garbage Bin - Lindy's Stamp Gang; Spray bottle and Spritz - Third Coast Rubber Stamps; Weave Background - Cornish Heritage Farms; Words - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White; Black & Red
Other: Black Ink; Real Red SU Ink; Black Micro Brads; Photo Corner Punch; Designer Label Punch; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Maryann said...

Hey Frances, Great card. Loved the commerical, even thought Louie was created before I was born, I remember growing up with him on the TV and it was one of my favourite comericals. Thanks for the memories.

Carolyn King said...

I love your card frances...so cool that you found something similar on u tube too!!

Leslie Knox said...

Ok I confess I had to go to Utube and watch the commercial! Super Cute! BUT now I can't get the jingle out of my head!! LOL Great card!