Monday, December 3, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside!


Well it is Monday again .... they are coming around even quicker than normal lately!!! So of course that means another challenge with my CCEE friends on SCS .... this week is another supply challenge ... we normally do these at the end of the month but due to Christmas (we are taking a break) we changed this challenge to the beginning of the month this time round instead.

Our supplies for this challenge were sent to us by Cindy Haffner, you can see what she sent us all in the photo below (yes I finally remembered to take a photo before I started creating my card LOL!) Cindy's instructions were that we had to use the stamped images, the striped paper and two of the other items. All our cards had to be red & white .... and we could add black if we wanted to. We were allowed to add other colors to the stamped image.

The images Cindy supplied are from the soon to be released " Baby it's cold outside" set from My Favorite Things, on 5th December I believe. We were also lucky enough to be sent the actual stamp set ... so I was able to re stamp the main image and the verse .... I stamped the dress on DP so I could paper piece it ... the verse verse I masked so I could stamp it in two lines and use my oval punch to punch it out rather then keep it in a straight line.

I used my snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the white part of my base card and layered the red striped card to the bottom of this. I selected the glitter strip and three of the snowflakes as the extra items for my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Baby It's Cold Outside - My Favorite Things
Paper: White, Red
Other:
Black Ink; Real Red SU Ink; Red Brads (Lge & sml); White brads (sml & mirco); Oval Punch; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Its wonderful!! Great job on the challenge, Frances!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous card frances...hey, i didnt get a glitter strip! haha!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

It's beautiful, Frances! I love how you put the mini brads along the word window punches.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Frances,
Very cute card. Love the cb background you added too. I have to wait 2 more days to order this adorable set!!!! Have a great week. chris

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Frances!! I am shivering just looking at this card;)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is sooo adorable! I love all of the special touches you've given to it!!

Diane said...

Such a pretty card,I love everything about it!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a darling card!! Love it! TFS! :)

Kim said...

Fabulous Frances! Maybe that's a good nickname for you... :)

Tricia T said...

What a fun package!! Great job on the card. :)

Sapphire-Rose said...

Yumm! This is gorgeous Frances! Love the red & white, it's so ummm...Christmassy!! Love your tree you made too!
Sunshine NZ

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Man that is so cute! Love all the red!

Jamie Martin said...

Love this card and all of the embellishments :)