Thursday, December 6, 2007

Black & White with a Splash of Red!


It's time for another challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS! This week we were to create a black & white card with a splash of color ... I recently created a card for a similar challenge that Jeanne & Sherry were running for their JBWW challenge .... this one for my fab/sassy friends was one that we had already thought up way before then ... but it was fun having a change to do a trial run of our challenge LOL.

The image here is one I found in a local craft shop the other week, I really didn't need any more Christmas stamps but as it was sooo cheap I couldn't pass it up! I stamped the image on white card using black ink and then colored the baubles red, I used some epoxy stickers to cover the baubles. This was then layered onto black and then white card.

I wanted to use some of my black DP from the DCWV Glitter Stack Pack as I now have two of these book and there is an awful lot of black DP in them .... but some of the other DP in the books I have come to love using so I had to get my 2nd book when I saw one recently.

I also added paper piercing to the right side of the card ... it is hard to tell by the photo but it run from the DP along the bottom .... up the right side and then back along the top to the DP

Recipe: Stamps: Ho Ho Ho - Unknown Paper: Black; White; DCWV Glitter Stack DP
Other: Black Ink; Epoxy Circle Stickers; Black Brads; White Brads; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I did this in late October/early november. You can see my creations-4 I think using this link

http://papertango.blogspot.com/search?q=bwr

Bev Gerard said...

Whoa!!
I love the whole card! The black & red ... the curvy figure (jealous here) .... the faboo design! Wonderful!

~Bev