Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sneak Peek - Gift Giving 2



Here is another card using some of the stamps in the Gift Giving Set from Hanna Stamps ... I have combined them with two Darcies stamps I already had on hand as I thought both worked well together. Yesterday my card was one that could be used for all sorts of occasions today I thought I would create a Christmas card with this set.

Last Wednesday when Roxie posted the sketch challenge for the week she also posted a bonus sketch challenge ... which I wouldn't have even known about except that my friend Kim mentioned it to me a few days ago ... the sketch is designed to look like a parcel. When I first saw this sketch I immediately thought of my ribbon border & bow stamps by Darcies Rubber Stamps and I knew I had to make one of these cards soon. Then I received my new Gift Giving set on Thursday and I thought how perfect the tag in the set would be on this card. Here I have decided to use the verse from the set on the tag .... I so love that verse! I can see the tag being a very useful stamp in this set ... I may need to stamp a few to make some quick tags for my Christmas gifts this year. I used the little present that is also included with this set to stamp the background on the old olive base card.

Although this is a Christmas card, by changing the colors it could just as easy be a card for any occasion you wanted.


Recipe: Stamps: Gift Giving Set - Hanna Stamps; Long Ribbon Border & Lge Ribbon Package - Darcies Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Old Olive & Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Old Moss Fluid Chalk; Foam Tape.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!! This set is going to be so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Totally Fabulous!!
Cant wait to get my hands on this set!

Vicki G said...

Oh My Gosh!! This is amazing!!!!!!

Vicki

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Cute card...Love it!!!

Judy in Indiana said...

I love how it all ties together so well with the package theme! But, i am dying for that lizard card. That is so my style...if I had any style. You just make the rest of us want to cry and bow and say "We are not worthy!" You Rock my world!

Diane said...

Great card!!! Love the sentiment!

Sherry Campbell said...

Goody! This set looks like it is going to be so much fun to play with! Can't wait to see more! Thanks for the peek! :)