Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gift Giving .... Sneak Peek 3

Here is another card using the new Hanna Gift Giving Set which is to be released this Friday 14th December by Hanna Stamps. I just had to make one with Hanna wrapping her presents to put under the Christmas tree. We have seen Hanna shop and trim her Christmas tree so why wouldn't she be wrapping her presents as well!

I really am in love with this set as it is soooo versatile ... here I have made it into a Christmas card seeing that Christmas is just around the corner ... but Hanna could just as easily be wrapping any present or unwrapping for that matter for any occasion you want.

On this card I have used many of the smaller stamps which are also included in this set ... the small parcel, gift bag, bow, scissors and tape dispenser. If you take a look at the cranberry base of this card you can also see I used the background stamp from this set also.

After stamping Hanna on my white card, I masked her by stamping on a piece of paper and trimming slightly inside the lines and using this to cover my original Hanna so I could stamp my tree so it appears as if it was behind her. The tree is from "Tis the Season" also by Hanna Stamps.

I used a variety of DP to paper piece the gift boxes, gift bag and Hanna's top. I used my paper piercing mat and tool to pierce around the sides and top of the card. I also decided on 'happy' rather then 'merry' for the sentiment as Hanna looks so happy here!

Recipe: Stamps: Gift Giving & Tis the Season - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - Stampendous
Paper: White; Black; Cranberry Crisp & Holiday Thyme DP - Stampin' Up
Other: Black Ink; Cranberry Crisp SU Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Cranberry Brads

11 comments:

Sherry Campbell said...

Love it! Thanks for the peek, Frances!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

She's gonna be great for birthdays, too, Frances! Thanks for the peek!

Vicki G said...

Frances, this is Gorgeous!! Love your use of ALL the different stamps!!! Perfect!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome...your sneak peaks just keep getting better and better!

Niki Estes said...

Cute card! Love all the accessory stamps that come with the set!

Judy in Indiana said...

I love the tree in the background! I can't wait to get my set.

Kimme said...

Cute new Hanna! I just wish this one was released before Rain Rain Come This Way so we could have used it for Christmas cards too.

Rose Ann said...

Oh, so cute!! I love the paper piecing & piercing, papers, and your coloring! Darling card!!

Bev Gerard said...

It's gorgeous, Frances! I agree ... this set is just so much fun, and fits all sorts of gift-giving occasions!

~Tex

Diane said...

Love her!!! Gonna have to get it!!!

Jana Weaver said...

This is FABULOUS! I absolutely love these 2 Hanna stamps together! What a wonderful job you've done creating this card. Thanks for sharing!!