Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pretties Wednesday - Cuddle Me!

Two weeks ago Jana challenge the Prettie Girls to a Limited Supply challenge. We had to create a card or scrapbook page using the following items:

1 dry embossed piece (embossing folders and texture plates count!)
2 pieces of patterned paper
3 colors of solid cardstock (this includes any neutrals you use)
4 embellishments
5 layers

So, the dry embossed piece must be one of your patterned papers or your 3 colors. And, at no point should there by more than 4 layers under a top piece of cardstock. However, if you have your base card with a second layer on that...you may have multiple small pieces each with 2 layers under them...right? Oh...and you may use as many tools as you like. Guess this isn't so much limited as just very specific!

Yikes .... the first thing I did when I read this challenge was to print out the rules cause I was sure I would forget something ... I don't do well with limited supplies LOL. And I was right cause I had all my card almost finished when I realised I hadn't done anything with embossing .... so I decided to emboss my photo corners ... phew that was a close call LOL!

I wasn't sure whether the 4 embellishments .... meant 4 in total like 4 brads or similar. Or whether it meant we had to use 4 different embellishments ... not wanting to mess up at this stage I emailed Jana and she told me that as she hadn't stipulated this I could do either ... so I went with 4 different types.

My embellishments are:
  • The embossed photo corners
  • Brads
  • Ribbon
  • Rhinestone ( you may need to look closely at Sophia's ear to see this)

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Pretties girls created for this challenge:
Recipe:
Stamps: Cuddle Me - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Soft Sky & Chocolate Chip - SU; DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Word Window Punch; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Photo Corners Punch; Tiny Mosaic Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics



10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, Frances, awesome job on the challenge.

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOL...I totally didn't want to mess up that part too!! I am glad I didn't though...close one!! SUPER cute card...I have always LOVED that Sophia!!

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is so sweet!!

Tracey said...

Love this Frances! It's an adorable image!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, I love those colours and the layout is fab!
xx :0)

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card Frances...I love how even with all those stipulations, you still created an elegant, clean looking card! fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute Frances!! I love the colors on this one - so soft and pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! Great colors!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous Frances! LOVE the colors and dp you used!!! WOW!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Frances! I still have a bit of that paper yet and I just don't want to use it because it was my favorite DP!! SO pretty!