Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Story Time!

Happy Monday everyone ... I have a ton of cards to share with you all today. I will also have two more posts to upload throughout the day, so don't forget to come back to find out what is happening over here.

Now I am not going to tell you any stories today ... well not this post anyway LOL. My cards all have characters from fairy tales or books so I figured that was an appropriate title.

All the images used here are digital stamps from The Greeting Farm formerly known as Pink Poison. I really love their Anya & Ian Stamps and have been purchasing a few and when I found out last week that they had these 3 characters available as a digital download I just had to add them to my collection. The only difference is that rather than having to stamp out my image I have to print it out using my computer and printer.

After I purchased these images I printed them all out and colored them and had them sitting on my desk waiting to be made into something. I ended up using them to create cards for various sketch challenges that were posted last week.

The first card posted here uses "Red" from Little Red Riding Hood, I used the Technostampers sketch challenge to create my card. I also used the Stephanie Fizer digital papers.


My second card uses Alice from Alice in Wonderland. For this card I decided to use Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge. I am very happy with my card although I was unhappy while making this as I broke my Lace Doily punch while I was making it ... so I found an old fiskars one instead I will have to get this one out again soon. And no my punch can't be fixed boo hoo!


My third card ... have you guessed it ... is Dorothy & Toto from the Wizard of Oz. For this one I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch .... did you know that there is a new blog devoted to the Mojo Monday sketch now.

The Alice & Dorothy cards both use paper from the SU East Coast designer paper pack.

My final project to share with you this post is this cute little basket/bag using the top note die .... I used Cornish Heritage Farm's lattice background to create the background on my top note layer.

Here is a side version of my gift basket/bag ... you can see how I sandwiched a bag between the two top note layers to create my project.

Recipe:
Stamps: Red, Alice & Dorothy Digital Stamps - The Greeting Farm
Papers: White; Black; Real Red, Tempting Turquoise & East Coast DP - SU; Stephanie Fizer Digital Paper - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Label 2 Nestabilities; Circle Punch; Oval Punch; Top Note Die; Black & Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Black & Red Brads; Fiskars Border Punch; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Turquoise Flowers; Foam Tape; Copics



9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Fab Frances, i love the colors, bummer about the punch.

MJ said...

Wow! You sure have been busy! And each one is better than the one before, great cards! Thanks so much for using my sketch on one.

Tracey said...

These are adorable Frances! I love the bright colours!

Unknown said...

francis...all of these are just phenomenal! you've done such a beautiful job with the coloring and the color combos...as usual!

thanks so much for playing with my sketch...i am so honored. i hope you can join us each week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Unknown said...

These are all sooooo adorable!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Such cute cards Frances!! So sorry about your punch breaking on you!

Vicki G said...

Those are the sweetest, yet unusual looking little people. I just Love the Little Red Riding hood girl!! Sweet Sweet Sweet!

Vicki

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are WONDERFUL! Make sure you check out my post this afternoon...I'll be wanting to see your samples more often!!! Hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Your Anya projects are so adorable! Love the turquoise and red. Thanks for playing! :)