Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prettie Wednesday - Surf's Up Dude!

Two weeks ago Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls to go back to basics and go "pastel"! We had to dig out our chalks and use them to color our creations!

It has been ages since I have used my pastels/chalks to color in an image .... I normally just reach for my copics as they are my favorite coloring medium .... but of course not one to shirk from a challenge I went looking for my pastels. I also grabbed my E-Z chalk enhancer which I applied over the chalks after I had applied them to my image.

I used Paper Pretties cute "Surf's Up" stamp set to create my card. I used the curved rectangles nestabilities to create the background layers of my card. The top portion of the back panel was embossed using the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Pretties girls created for this challenge:
Recipe:
Stamps: Surf's Up - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Black; Tempting Turquoise - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Chalks; Curved Rectangles Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


13 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fun card Frances!! The colour is fabulous!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! Wow!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I see you had NO problems coloring here! LOL..seriously, this is awesome, Frances!

Jana Weaver said...

Fantstic card Frances - your coloring with pastels is amazing...and this magical chalk enhancer stuff?? Never heard of it but sounds fantabulous! And way cool nestie use. I'm in awe!!!

Unknown said...

Frances you get the prize! What a great job you did!! LOVE this cute little card! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

You ROCK Frances, this is awesome!!! Love the curved rectangle background..very cool...what the heck is an ezchalk enhancer(sounds like cheatin to me, bwahhahahaha-JK)!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Great job girl, I don't even know where my pastels are. Hee hee super job.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! You know I love the penguins!! :) This is so sweet!! Cute surfer dude for sure!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Great job, this is awesome!!

craftNmommy said...

Oh, this is a fun & cute card! Love it... I love looking at all of your cards, for that reason I left you an award on my blog if you'd like to pick it up. :D

Anonymous said...

Whhhoooooooooshhhhh!!!
Oh he is so cute ... and surfing too! The best I can do is 'boogie board'! hahaha Darlin' card!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOOOH! How FABULOUS Frances! You ROCKED this challenge for sure! That DP is PERFECTION with this image! LOVE this!

Danielle L. said...

WOW! You really know how to make pastels look GREAT!!! And that paper is perfect with this image!