Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Delish Birthday!

Hi everyone! My card today is for Taylor's of Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge, TECC49.

A good friend of mine gave me the Stampendous "Merry Muffins" set for Christmas so I decided to use that to create this card. I paper pieced the bottom section of each of the cupcakes to make it look like the patty pans that cupcakes sometimes have.

Taylor's sketch shows that the card is divided into quarters ... so I decided to use the brown brads to divide my card. I used a mixture of punches and circle nestabilites to create my circles for this card. The top layer of my card is raised above the lower level using foam tape.


Recipe:

Stamps: Merry Muffins - Stampendous
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze & Blue Bayou - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Baja Breeze SU Ink; Circle Punches; Circle Nestabilities; Brown Brads; Foam Tape; Copics



9 comments:

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Frances! Love those Merry Muffins!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

That lil' guy is just too cute Hoots!! Love the brad dividers and colors too!!

jjcreations said...

Fantastic card - Love the colours. Joan

Taylor said...

This is so adorable, Frances! Love that cute cupcake image! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Wow! Love this card! Just found your blog and am enjoying all that you have to share!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun,, so cute love that sketch.

Felicia said...

How cute is this? The brads to divide your card are cute.

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE -- Love the images and the colors are so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

So very nice!! Love your take on this sketch!! ;) TFS!