Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Precious Baby!

Well I am back today as promised to reveal which baby photo was mine ..... did you guess right??? If you have no idea what I am talking about go back to yesterday's "Which Baby Am I?" post.

Here is a quick recap! Cindy Motherway challenged my CCEE Stamper friends and I to:
Make a card using your baby picture This is going to be a limited supply baby picture card because we want our cards to not look like our cards, get it?

Here is what you cannot do:
· No fancy edges or borders using a fancy punch of any kind, no scallops, no nestabilities, no nuttin!
· No fancy primas, no brads, no eyelets, no charm, no ordinary or extraordinary embellishments.
· No sewing on any of the cards and no Thomas Kincaid landscapes!
· No over the top, crazy complicated, triple and quadruple layered sketches!

Here is what you must do:
· You must use a piece of ribbon.
· You can use as many different colors of cardstock/designer paper as you wish.
· You must make your baby picture the main panel, main focus.
· You can use stamped images with your baby picture as long as your picture is the main focus.
· You must try to keep away from what you feel is your signature look.

Now I am not a big fan of photo cards at the best of times ... no offense to those who make them ... but they aren't something I like to make. So when I first heard of this challenge I went arghhhhhhhhhhhh .... but ok I am in!

Then we get all the do's and don'ts ............ more arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh's and not just from me this time LOL! Anyway all month I have been told by Cindy that I will be toast if I don't do this challenge right .... I have kept telling her I like toast ..... but if she wants to come get me I am all for it bwahahahahaahahaha!

How cruel to tell us we can't use brads, eyelets, scallops, nestabilities etc .... sheesh! Now she didn't mention pearls ... not directly so I added them oops!



We were allowed to use stamps .... ok so I had to use my new JustRite Stampers baby stamps that I got for Christmas ..... that is my friend Tosh's fault that I got hooked on these and also Michelle from Stampers Dream too. So I am blaming them a little for what happened next .... big oops!!!!!!!!! How did that scallop border get around that image .... really I have no idea!

Ok so i flunked this challenge ... this is as limited as I could go .... and now Cindy will be after me ... am I scared .... nah ........ she is always flunking challenges, even this one ... she forgot her ribbon bwahahahahahahahaha!

luv ya Cindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh btw the layout for this card is based on Jen's of I{heart}2stamps SFYTT sketch from just after Christmas.


Don't forget that you could win a Rubber Soul Baby Stamp set just by commenting with your guesses to our CCEE Stampers blog post before Saturday 17th January. This stamp set was kindly donated by Stampers Dream.


Recipe:
Stamps: Baby Stamp Ensemble - JustRite Stampers; Bib - Imaginisce
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink; Regal Rose - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Regal Rose SU Ink; Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon; Oval Nestabilities; Pink Pearls; Foam Tape


11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet Frances, i had fun with this contest, tooo funny.

Mothermark said...

Hey! You are on probation! I am not sure for how long! You will get your formal certified, return receipt letter in the mail whenever it gets to Austrailia!

You forget that the challenge issuer is except from rules. I knew I forgot the ribbon!!! Did it deliberate! Snort!

Despite your big no-no you were an adorable baby, well...like I have told the others, you are still adorable. Only now you are old! Snort!

I thought I had you guessed right for sure but no, you had to be a different baby! You did that on purpose!!!

So, thanks for all your hard work on this challenge and for making it so fun! But I am not cutting you any slack. You are right! I am after you!!! Oh, and by the way, flunked is NOT in my vocabulary!

Dawn said...

you rebel you! what a surprise...bwahahahahahaha

too cute!

Vicki G said...

I KNEW you were a beautiful baby! What an elegant card........So pretty! I would give you an A+++++


Vicki

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a sweet baby you were Hoots, and just as sweet now. Even though you were a rebel and didn't follow all the rules. That is so not like you. But I'm assuming that since it was Cindy that was issuing the rules, and she's a huge rule breaker, that you felt compelled to follow suit. *grin* Your card is just darling. The pinks and style had me thrown. That's why I got this one wrong. I was sure Cam made this one. You ROCKED this challenge. Thank you so much for doing the collage and write up for all this! You, my friend, are AWESOME!!

Tracey said...

You may have flunked the challenge but the card is still gorgeous!!

Carolyn King said...

this is so adorable frances. I think you were one of the few i had right!
Love your card too!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a GORGEOUS page!! What a beautiful baby too!! :)

Unknown said...

This is so, so cute! Love your baby pic, and your card! Those JustRite stamps ARE addictive, aren't they?

Now you be sure and let me know if Cindy is too hard on you and I will see what I can do about it, okay? *wink*

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Well, I woulda never thought our sweet and innocent Frances would have rebeled so much on this challenge! You stinker! Must be all those sassy cards you've been making lately! ha! ha! I told Cindi that I had guessed all the baby pics right (and I did, truly) but saw all your e-mails too late and knew you guys wouldn't believe me anyway. But that's okay cuz I know the truth. You were an absolutely adorable baby, Hootsie. You did a great write-up for our challenge, too!

Anonymous said...

Remember rules are meant to be broken and I feel that you did remember this fact. loved the card, but Frances, is this oh so cute baby really you. How times change. LOL Annie