Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cheers!

As you can see I have started playing with my new stamps I got yesterday while I was at the Scrapbooking & Papercraft Expo. As soon as I saw this girl from Inky Antic's I immediately thought of this weeks sketch challenge and how perfect she would fit in that long skinny panel. I also was thinking off all those cards I have seen on SCS of the preggie girl and the "BIG" stamp - where the girl takes the place of the "I" and thought it might work with this stamp too, she is taller but it is worth a try and I don't have too many people getting pregnant around me, but girls do turn the big "0" all the time. Come to think of it my DD turns 30 this year and anyone who knows her would agree she is skinny like this girl - tick tick tick!

I was originally thinking of using this card for the limited supply challenge on SCS, which is creating backgrounds using non traditional background stamps - but then I decided to use the stamps from the sweet spots set which I think would fall into the background stamp category so I scratched the idea of using it for that challenge as I did want to use those stamps.

Recipe:
Stamps: Beverage Girl - Inky Antics; Sweet Spot - SU; Greeting - Stamping Bella
Paper: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand - SU; White
Other: Black Ink; Barn Brown & Grand Cranberry Whispers Ink; Slot Punch - SU; White Gel Pen; Tria Markers.


Someone left a question in the comments of yesterdays post, so I thought I would answer it here in case anyone else had the same question.

Question: OMG! What an awesome shopping day you had! I think the crossword puzzle stamp is neat and versatile. What images are the clear stamps? And what is a tape writing tool?

Answer: First up the clear stamps were a new set from Hero Arts called "Tiny Bird Messages" there are 6 little stamps each with a bird image on a tree, some are solid and others outline and each have a little message to go with it. eg. Hey; You're special etc.

Here is a link to the tape writing tool, I think that can explain it better than I can. I would call it a dymo or label maker, however different countries sometimes have different names of things so in this case I will let the picture in the link tell the story. I think it is self explanatory, what I really like about this is the fun colors you can get for the tape and also that you have the option of different fonts - mine came with two font wheels one upper & one lower. I was also told by the person selling it to me that other font wheels will be available after July - I am hoping this is true.

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

My you have been busy, what great cards, love this one.

Kristine said...

Oh CUTE!! Love this one...would be perfect for my niece :)

Libby Hickson said...

This is great - perfect stamp for that sketch!

Laura Evangeline said...

I love the colors and background you did with the new stamps. Gotta try it!