Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Flower Chick

This afternoon was one of those times when everything I tried just didn't look right, boy can it be frustrating!!!! I was trying to create my card for this weeks sketch challenge, now it looks a simple enough sketch doesn't it so why it wasn't working for me I don't know. At the moment the family are keeping well clear LOL. Anyway I am a little happier now, this isn't perfect but it looks ok so I am leaving it while the going is good.

The little chick is a stamp I received from my VSN secret sister, I have always wanted one of these cute little characters so I was happy when I opened my parcel and found it in there. I used my cricut to create the scallop circles - in case anyone is interested I cut the white at 2 1/12 inches real size off; the pink at 2 1/2 inches real size on and then the black at 3 inches real size off - this was you can achieve the variations in size without having to jump from 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches in one layer.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flower Chick - Stampendous; Polka Dots & Paisley - Stampin' Up
Paper: Pink Passion - Stampin' Up; White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't that just the cutest card! LOVE the pink

Alhambra Club said...

Love the color and that stamp is so cute.

Michele Kovack said...

It seems that cards come so naturally to you...glad to hear that I am not the only one who struggles sometimes! All of the cards I see are fantastic!!!

Karen Lindsay said...

I think it's adorable! You can't beat pink and black and the color on the chick is just icing on the cake. :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This one is sooooo cute!

Peggy Maier said...

Such a cute card! I'm wondering why I don't use pink/black more often. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fab! I was wondering how you made those scallop circles - I thought you had every size of the Marvy Lever punches! How do you make the little shadow - just oval stamps with shadow ink? Deb M in BC CANADA :)