Sunday, June 24, 2007

Beate's Sketch #7


I had intended to stay home all day yesterday and get lots of stamping done, but my DH decided he wanted to go down the coast shopping and as my DD was also heading in a similar direction we all decided to go together. We ended being out a lot longer than was originally planned but some of that was my fault, as while we were there someone reminded me of a scrapbooking shop nearby which my DH kindly took me too. I am not a scrapbooker but my DD who was with us is and I don't mind looking in scrapbook stores as they are a good source for background papers, embellishments and tools etc. While I was in the store I found a set of flower stamps - Carolee's Creations by Adorn It which of course I decided to buy.

The card above is what I made when I came home and is for Beate's weekend sketch, originally when I saw the sketch and prior to going shopping I had planned on combining it with the limited supply challenge which is using neglected stamps - but my new flower set had other ideas!

Recipe:
Stamps: Flower - Carolee's Creations Adorn It; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Au Chocolat; Chocolate Chip; Rose Red - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; Dark Brown Fluid Chalk; Paper Piercing Tool & Mat; Trias



8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the colors you used on this card, this is a great sketch.

Leigh said...

I love this card, great colours.

mum-on-the-run said...

Really beautiful card, great take on the sketch

Rose Ann said...

Pretty...and I love the dimension on the big flower!

Corie said...

love the colors and the flower, it is beautiful and so life-like

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is stunning! I just LOVE that flower! :)

Shari Winterstein said...

Really stunning. Love those flowers. Thanks for blessing my day.

Libby Hickson said...

I love the flower on this card!