Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Featured Stamper Flourishes

While I was browsing in Tosha aka Stamps4funinCA's gallery on Sunday afternoon I came across this card, "Fancypants Birthday". At the time I couldn't even contemplate making this card as I didn't have any stamps suitable for the flourishes, however I had already put on my wish list for a shopping trip I had planned for yesterday the Autumn Leaves Elegant Flourish set which I was able to get (lucky last!!!!!). Seeing I am new to flourishes I figured this would be a great card to do to wet my "flourish feet" so to speak. Changes I made to the card included:
  • Changing the color - from burgundy to not quite navy
  • I used a different flourish set
  • Different Greeting
  • I didn't have ric rac so I used black brads instead
I am really happy with how this card turned out.
Recipe: Stamps: Elegant Flourishes - Autumn Leaves; Canvas - SU; Greeting - Papertrey Ink; Flower - Penny Black
Card: Creamy Caramel & Not Quite Navy - SU; Black
Other: Blue Iris Fluid Chalk; Creamy Caramel - SU; White Brilliance Ink; Black Ink; Distressing Tool; Black Brads; White & Blue Flowers; Ornate Brad


*******Hooray it's raining and I mean REAL rain not just a little spit here and there, it has rained pretty solidly all night and this morning and by the looks of the weather forecast it is going to continue to at least tomorrow. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a big fan of rainy days, it can be a little depressing, however down here we are soooooo much in need for some good solid rain to fill our dams up and water our poor gardens, that even I wouldn't dare to complain!!! Where I live in Brisbane we have been on severe water restrictions for at least 12 months, at the moment this means we have to carefully watch what water we use - 4 min showers only; no watering the garden; no washing the cars etc etc. On hot summer days our kids can't play under sprinklers etc anymore. Many of us have started buying water tanks for our backyards so that the rain we do get isn't wasted and then we are able to do those little things we have all taken for granted for years, but we still have to be careful because without more rain that water in our tanks doesn't last forever. On hot summer days our kids can't play under sprinklers etc anymore.

4 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

What a GORGEOUS card! I just got some new Autumn Leaves flourishes (slightly different set though) so I may have to case your case! :-) I just love the soft blooms. And about the rain - congrats! I live in Texas, we go through droughts as well but it's never gotten so bad that we have all these restrictions put in place, I can't imagine! People here should know what's happening down in Brisbane, it's a good lesson about conserving the water we do have! Hope you continue to get some good rain! And when it's raining outside, may as well stay in and stamp! ;-)

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, your works is always so great. I live in South Florida and we are currently going through a water drought ourselves. We are down to only watering once a week, and hope they don't start rationing our showers (only kidding). We had some rain this weekend, thats to Tropical Storm Barry, but could use lots more.

Mark said...

What a gorgeous card! And I just gotta say you are super talented and one of my favorite stampers!!

Tracy.H said...

You should be happy with this one. It is simply stunning! Love it! TFS :0)