Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bugs & Kisses

Today has been a pretty good stamping day. Everyone one has gone out and I am all alone, and as it is the weekend I don't have to worry about housework so I have just been stamping.


This card is for Beate's sketch challenge for this weekend and as I just received these stamps yesterday I just had to play with them! I did resist this set for a long time, but finally seeing all the great cards everyone has created with it I just had to add it to my collection too. This was a fun sketch to do and one I am sure I will be using again some time.

I stamp my grass and then stamped the grasshoppers & ladybugs, and then I used my cloud stencil to create the clouds. The half circle I cut out using my circle scissor and stamped the top part of the verse from the set, I also used my cloud stencil on the white portion of the semi circle as I didn't want it to be too white. I used my tab punch to punch out the tab and stamped the bottom part of the verse and this time seeing it was going to be on the bottom of the card I stamped just a tiny bit of grass at the bottom edge of the tab.

It may be hard to tell by the photo, I used the cheesecloth background to the folded olive card. After attaching the main panel to the folded card I then stamped the ants along the top of the card using black ink. I also added 2 rows of paper piercing along the bottom edge of the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bugs & Kisses, Cheesecloth - Stampin' Up; Grass - Hero Arts
Card: Old Olive - Stampin' Up; White; Dark Green
Other: Black Ink; Certainly Celery & Real Red Ink - SU; Dark Green Fluid Chalk; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Cloud Stencil; Tab Punch - SU; Circle Scissor; Paper Piercing Tool & Guide

14 comments:

Kristine said...

*gasp* I JUST saw this sketch over at Beate's. It's like 10:30 p.m. Friday right now and I plan on doing this sketch first thing in a.m. Lucky you getting to stamp all day!! :) Love your card...it's sure to win--AGAIN! Ha. CONGRATS on winning #7. :)

Rose Ann said...

Super cute card! I love your grasshoppers and ladybugs... & Your clouds look perfect!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love the sentiment.

Your colouring is amazing.

Unknown said...

love the card...came over from Beate's to see all the cards. love, love, love it! great job!

Anonymous said...

Frances, this card is perfect for the sketch. LOVE what you did with it. Love the little ants you set out for your photo shoot as well. Thanks so much for participating!!!
Hugs and smiles

Peggy Maier said...

I love this set too - and don't have it!

Heather P. said...

This is the cutest card ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just too stinkin cute! How adorable! I may just go ahead any buy this set since it's still in the new catty! LOL

Unknown said...

Frances, what a wonderful card you created with this set! I've been resisting it and resisting it and now I want it too!! LOL

Michelle L. said...

That card is darling! I love the way you did the sentiment.

Libby Hickson said...

This is too cute - I love this set, and I love what you've done with it! And btw I also love the little ants you sprinkled in for your photo - you do such a great job with your "scenes" for your cards!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! This is the BEST Bugs & Kisses card I have seen! I gotta get this set!

Awesome card!

Melissa

Kat said...

Totally cute!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the best Bugs and Kisses card ever:)