Saturday, June 16, 2007

Flourish Medallion

Isn't it funny how some of our cards we create come into being! I hadn't intended to make another card just yet using my flourish stamps or the flower I used in yesterdays card or for that matter even the sketch challenge for this week. However I did have an extra daisy flower cut out from the card I created yesterday (see previous post) and also sitting on my desk was the little medallion I had punched out using my new stair step punch I purchased at the papercrafts expo last week. I had been wanting to make a card using a medallion but not necessarily using the one I punched out to try out my punch and this technique. As I said all these were sitting on my desk and I was just sitting here waiting for the SCS gallery to work and I picked them all up and and placed them on top of each other and they landed on a card I had sitting on my desk that had the layering portion of it in squares, different colors to what the flower and medallion were but I could see what it would look like if I did a similar thing using the correct colors for these two items. I then decided well a square card would be good and decided to go with the sketch challenge again and using my flourish stamps on two of the panels. I also ended up using my weave background stamp on the white panels for this card, I am not sure why but all 3 cards I have created so far with this sketch has had this stamp used on them - I guess I like it - huh!
The medallion portion of this card was created using my stairstep corner punch, this isn't my original idea it has been doing the rounds of many blogs and some of you may have seen it but just in case some haven't I thought I would explain it. My punch is by EK success but I believe Stampin' Up also sell one.

1. I started with a 6cm square piece of card and used my corner punch to punch each of the four corners. (2 1/4 inches for those using imperial measurements)

2. Bend each corner forward, you can place a little tape to keep these flat if you wish. I suggest you place the tape on the main part of the card not the corners as it might show on other side - don't ask me how I know LOL)

3. Turn medallion over, you are now ready to attach your image (in my case the flowers) to it and assemble card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Looks like Spring - Stampin' Up; Elegant Flourish - Autumn Leaves; Weave B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Black; Maroon
Other: Black Ink; Maroon Fluid Chalk; Stair Step Corner Punch - EK Success; Flower Punch - SU; Pink Gem Brad; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Kristine said...

AWESOME!! I've seen Cambria's tute on this medallion, but haven't gotten around to making one yet. Love your card!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

Awesome card as always, love your work, you are so talented, thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting the directions! Love your card.