Monday, June 11, 2007

Seewah - Featured Stamper

It's featured stamper time on SCS and this week the featured stamper is Sarah Vrolyk aka Seewah. Sarah had some interesting cards in her gallery, she has a simple and clean style to her stamping. I couldn't decide between 3 of her cards in her gallery which one to make so I ended up making all three. As the cards are of a simple design there don't take toooooo long to make.

The first card I cased was Sarah's "Life Liberty America", I really liked the look of the little tabs with the different words describing what this card was about. I decided to make my card a Father's Day card, I am not sure why on earth I am making Fathers Day cards in June when it is celebrated here in September - but this one called out to me as a fathers day card as I found the striped paper and that does suit a male type card. I wanted to use my word window punch for each word, so I only made my card narrow, basically it is the same size cardstock you would normally use to create a card I just folded it the other way. I had difficultly coming up with different names for "Father", even with a little help from my DH, friend on ICQ and the internet. I really didn't want to resort to using Old Man but I was getting desperate and as all the above had mentioned it I decided ok lets use it. I am sure you will all think of better words I could have used now it is done LOL!
The second one I cased was "Flowers for a Friend", I liked the clean and simple look to this card Sarah had made. As I have to make at least 2 changes to the card you are casing when playing the featured stamper, I decided to change the pink card to cool caribbean and also go with a cat theme rather than flowers - as I like the idea of something solid on those circles. I didn't bother to stamp the dots on my bottom blue panel as Sarah had in hers.
It took me longer to locate the poodle stamp I wanted to use to create this card then it did to actually make the card - arghhhhhhhhhh! And it was right were I thought it was all the time, but I was looking for a different type of stamp - I can tell you there was a lot of muttering go on while looking for it pulling out all sorts of other places it might be. I actually did like the white and blackness of Sarah's "Scent-sational Day" card but of course I had to change two things - and color is always one of the easier things to change so I changed the white to pink. I also decided to go for a "dog" theme this time round, see I have kept the cat & dog lovers happy in this challenge LOL! I used my cricut to create the scallop square and the panel inside it. I also decided replace the flowers with paw prints, I felt it kept better with the theme of the card. I even got my white embossing powder out to emboss the greeting - I do very little embossing these days.

Recipes: Fathers Day Card:
Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps; Happy Father's Day - Stylish Images (Aust)
Paper: Royal Blue; Brown Stripe Flourish - Stamp It (Aust); White
Other: Black Ink; Word Window Punch - SU; Star Brads

Cool Cat: Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley - SU; Cats & Greeting - Pink Cat Studio
Paper: White; Cool Caribbean - SU; Black
Other: Black Ink; Circle Punch; Oval Punch - SU; Oval Punch - Emaginations; Black Eyelets; Black Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Scissors

Pawsitively Fabulous Stamps: Poodle - Bonjour Stamps Kodomo No Kao; Greeting - Pink Cat Studio; Polka Dots & Paisley - SU
Paper: White; Black; Pink
Other: Black Ink; Versamark Ink; White EP; Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge; Paw Buttons


8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

All 3 cards are great, can't pick a favorite

jean said...

I love the cards. The first one is my favorite.

But why is Father's Day celebrated in September? When do you celebrate Mother's Day?
jean

Rose Ann said...

I'm sure you make Sarah proud with your cards. They are so awesome, Frances!! (I think I say that every time I leave a comment, don't I? Can't help it.)

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome! I noticed you used your Cricut for that Scalloped square : ) I always love to see what you have created today!

Kristine said...

LOVE them all!! Especially that pink poodle card...very cute!!

Libby Hickson said...

These are all fabulous!! I especially love the first one - what a great way to use the word window punch!!

Anonymous said...

Love them all!! Cool Cat is my favorite!!

Melissa said...

I love these cards, great job! My favourite is the kitty one but I am a little biased since I made that stamp, ha ha!!

Happy Stamping!
Melissa