Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Butterfly

Well after a bad start this afternoon I did manage to get my inspiration back and come up with a second card for this weeks sketch challenge.

This one uses some paper I picked up really cheap a couple of weeks ago. I stamped the butterfly using burnt sienna fluid chalk onto so saffron card and then punched that out using my scallop punch and then layered it onto the black and caramel card. I also used my textile cuttlebug embossing folder to get some texture on the so saffron strip and then sponged over some burnt sienna ink to bring out the texture, I then tied 3 pieces of black cord at the top right hand side of the strip. I attached 3 black brads to the lower left hand corner.

Recipe:
Stamps: Paperbag Studio
Paper: So Saffron - Stampin' Up; Caramel; Black; Fortune Teller Stripe - Daisy Ds Papers
Other: Burnt Sienna Fluid Chalk; Black Button Brads; Black Cord

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great card. Very rich looking

Alhambra Club said...

Quite elegant, love the colors.

Karen Lindsay said...

What a classy card! Very impressive! :)

Heather said...

How stunning, absolutely love what you have done with today's challenge!!!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Wow! This is an awesome Card! I love the CB'd background and the BUTTERFLY! WOW!

Soguesswhat11 said...

wow, this is stunning!!! Great job!!!