Sunday, June 17, 2007

Going Round in Circles!


Beate has another weekend sketch challenge on her blog and this week the sketch is to create a circle card. I have wanted to create a circle card for soooo long now but kept putting it off for one reason or another. This is why I love challenges they sometimes make you do things you have wanted to do and haven't gotten around to doing and other times you get to try something new - either way to my mind challenges are good and lots of fun! Thanks Beate for for making me finally get around to creating one it was fun to do.

For this card I chose my background paper first - I got this one last week at the papercrafts expo and wanted to use it, so I attached this to my card and then used my Creative Memories circle cutter to cut out the circle. I then decided to go with the shadow sage card from SU as it seemed to go well with the background paper. I also added the scallop piece to my sage card before attaching this to the circle card.

The scallop circles were made using my cricut. The smallest circle is cut at 2.5 inches with real size off, the sage is cut at 2.5inches with real size on and then finally another white scallop circle was cut at 3 inches real size off. This was kind of an accident using the 3 scallop shapes - I had cut a few different scallop shapes in the above sizes trying to get the look I wanted - I finally settled on the white & sage cut at 2.5inches and layered them together and punched the holes around the sage scallops - I had the others I had cut also on my desk and it landed on top of the larger white one - I liked how the white showed through the holes and around the edge and it also helped make it stand out a little better from the background.

I felt it still needed something so I added the prima flowers and word window punched verse.

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Harmony - Stampin' Up; Greetings - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Shadow Sage - Stampin' Up; White; Pheobe - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Sugarloaf Green Whisper Ink; Olive & Green Brads; Prima Flowers; Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge; Word Window Punch - Stampin' Up; Cloud Scissors - Fiskars; Creative Memories Circle Cutter

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is beautiful! Love those colours! I haven't done this challenge yet but have it on my to do list.

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!! I love Basic Grey, and you paired it so nicely with SU! paper. :)

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card, I have to post my today, but after seeing this card, I don't know

Anonymous said...

Just so beautiful!

Corie said...

This is sooooooo beautiful. One of the best I have EVER seen. I love the colors!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the colors - love that DP!