Saturday, June 23, 2007

ATC - Blue Flourish

These atc's are for another atc swap I am in, this one is for a Rainbow Color atc Swap. There are 9 people in the swap and everyone is given a color - White; Red; Orange; Yellow; Green; Blue: Indigo; Violet; Rainbow. I know white isn't really part of the rainbow but it was added to get the 9 participants so that there all fit in one of those 9 pocket plastic sleeves. Of course the color I chose was Blue - it is my favorite color!
It took me a little while to work out what I was going to do for this particular swap, blue isn't a hard color to do but I have done a few blue atc's in the past one being the rubber cement atc for the atc technique swap I am hosting.

Anyway I finally decided to go with my flourish stamps from Autumn Leaves, I do like them and yes I will be ordering that Baroque Motif set when the new catty comes out - which is now only a week away - yah!!!!! I started by sponging my card with weathered wood distress ink and then sponging the edges only with faded jeans distress ink. Next I stamp the flourish stamp around the bottom and left side of the card. I used my cricut with the mini monograms cartridge to create my scallop pieces - the white at 1 1/4 inches real size off & then the blue at 1 1/2 inches real size off. I then stamped my medallion image onto the white scallop circle & sponged it with weathered wood ink. Layered the scallop pieces together & attach the blue brad through the middle and attached to card. "Hope Dream Imagine" was then stamped in the top right hand corner using black ink. And finally layered onto blue card.

I love that using the cricut I can cut my scallop circles any size I want and have as many layers that I want. Play around with real size on & off and also shadow and shadow blackout - doing this can give you slightly different sizes and even the shape of the scallop itself.

Recipe: Stamps: Flourish - Autumn Leaves; Medallion - Studio Astarte; Verse - Stamp It (Aust)
Paper: White; Royal Blue
Other: Weathered Wood & Faded Jeans Distress Ink; Blue Iris Fluid Chalk; Black Ink; Mini Monogram Cricut Cartridge; Blue Brad



5 comments:

Debby said...

I soooo Love this! Speaks volumes to me!

Rose Ann said...

So pretty..love the flourishes...love the blues!

Alhambra Club said...

Such a pretty card, I have to get that Mini Monogram cartridge for my cricut.

Corie said...

Wow, so elegant!!!

Pattyjo said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful!