Saturday, June 16, 2007

Get Well Flourish

I just love the flourish stamps that are so popular at the moment, so of course when the "Ways to use it" challenge was posted this week and the challenge was for us to use these stamps to make a card I just had to play. I also needed to make a card to send to a friend who has been in hospital this week so I decided to combine the two as I am pretty sure she will enjoy the flourishes.

It's hard to tell by this photo but the brad that is holding the flowers onto the card actually has a pink gem on the top of it, I picked these up from a cheap shop recently and I thought it would be perfect for the flowers. I might need to go back and see if I can get a couple of more packets of these just in case they stop selling them, I can never have tooooo many brads!
Recipe:
Stamps: Looks Like Spring - Stampin' Up; Elegant Flourish - Autumn Leaves; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Maroon
Other: Maroon Fluid Chalk; Oval Punch - Stampin' Up; Scallop Scissors; Gem Brad


More info on Bookmark cards:
I had a question about the magnets I used on my magnet cards I posted the other day. Most magnets worked when just used on the bookmark itself and would for the purpose of using it as a bookmark. We did have trouble finding a magnet that worked when having to hold through many layers of card - so if you do make this card less is best! I tried 3 different forms of magnets before I found one that worked, the 1st was an A4 magnet sheet I have had here for years - it didn't want to work through the layers, although someone said it didn't work at first and then it did - so who knows - it didn't work on mine. The 2 I tried was the magnet tape - definitely not strong enough for this card. And finally some fridge magnets - the type that just have printing on them and you stick them to the fridge . I cut one of them up and attached it to the base of my bookmark and finally it was completed. I suggest if you are trying to make these you experiment with what magnets you have available, don't buy lots till you know it works. Oh you only need a small amount of magnet at the base of the bookmark not all the way up. I hope that helps answer some questions.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

That's so pretty...and I like that you used that flower from Looks like Spring! That flourish stamp is really nice.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, this will certaily help your friend feel better.

Anonymous said...

I haven't used this set in a while, now after seeing the two cards you did, I'm anxious to pull it out and play again! Both of your cards using Looks Like Spring are really pretty! TFS!