Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Coffee & Friends

I have been having fun playing blogger's bingo at Julee's Poetic Artistry blog. Each week Julee also issues a new sketch challenge for those of us that want to play along. I didn't get round to doing last weeks sketch as much as I wanted to, hopefully I might find time this week to do something with it. So I was determined to make sure I played in this weeks sketch challenge.

As I received this new set in the mail Monday from My Favorite Things I decided to have a play with it for the challenge. I stamped the main image onto white card and then masked all but the dress portion so I could stamp the dots onto the dress as I had decided I wanted a pink & brown theme - I thought it would go well with the coffee theme. I then punched the image out using my scallop punch and then layered this onto a chocolate chip and creamy caramel circles cut out using my circle scissors.

For the top portion of the card I used the stripe background which I have played with a lot this week stamping it with coffee bean brilliance ink (I thought that was an apt choice LOL); The bottom section I used my tiny bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder and then sponged this using the same ink, I thought this might give it a coffee bean look. I Added a strip of chocolate chip card to hide the join and then stamped the faux ribbon onto white card using coffee bean ink and colored the ribbon in the same color as I did the dress. The greeting I stamped in sections so that it would fit within the oval I wanted to use and layered this onto choc chip card and used my scallop scissors to trim around the edge.

Recipe: Stamps: Hot Stuff, Behind the Scenes, Setting the Stage - My Favorite Things Stamps
Paper: Chocolate Chip; Creamy Caramel & Regal Rose - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; Coffee Bean Brilliance Ink; Scallop Punch; Oval Punch; Scallop Scissors; Circle Scissor; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the embossed background and the colors you used.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Pink, brown, coffee, stamps - these are a few of MY favorite things! :) Love your card!

Rose Ann said...

So nice! Love the CB background and stripes together! Super card!