Sunday, June 3, 2007

Shore Do Love You!


It's the weekend which means Beate has another sketch challenge on her blog, so of course I had to play! Shore do love sketch challenges!!!!

The first thing I did when I was working out what i was going to do for this challenge was pick out my background paper, this is one I purchased from a scrapbook shop I visited recently. Once I had the paper picked was was easy to decide what colors to use for this card, so I got these all out and cut them to the size I thought I wanted my finished card to be. When I looked at my background paper - it reminded me of the spots & dots cuttlebug embossing folder so I got this out to create the background on the cool caribbean card.

So now I had that all done what image was I going to use. that I still hadn't worked out. When I looked at the orange in the card it reminded me of all those cool crab cards I have seen recently using that Crab & Co stamps set which I want sooooo badly!!!! No I don't own this set yet, I guess I had better order it this month to make sure I have it in case it doesn't make it into that new catty you guys are soooo eagerly waiting for! Now I normally don't like using images of things I don't own, for many reasons. For one thing you can't always do the things you want to do with an stamped image that you can do with owning the stamp itself. Also using other peoples images only makes me want to own that stamp more and besides I own sooooo many stamps I normally don't need to use other peoples images - it's a quirk I have - I don't mind people using my stamps if they wish. Anyway my sister sis I had for VSN sent me some images of the cute crab and all the other stamps in the set so I decided to see if that would be suitable for this card. Fortunately the crab was not toooo close to the edge of the card to allow me to get my scallop punch in to punch it out - so off I went. I wanted to use my tab punch for the verse which is why I went with this particular verse rather than the others in the set.
Recipe: Stamps: Crab & Co - Stampin' Up
Papers: Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up; Orange; Aqua; b/ground paper - One heart ... one mind
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Tangerine Fluid Chalk; Scallop Punch; CM cutting system; Tab Punch - Stampin' Up; Orange jumbo brads - Karen Foster; Spots & Dots cuttlebug embossing folder; Tria markers; White Gel Pen

6 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, I love these colors, the card is adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Frances. Thanks for the insight on how it came together! I usually start the opposite way, picking out the stamp set first. Thanks so much for participating in the sketch challenge
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, as always, Mr. Crab is so cute

Jill said...

Love this! Totally adorable!

Michele Kovack said...

This is the cutest card! I have been doing the paper thing first too! It does make things a little easier!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so cute, and colored so nicely! I love the CB background and papers you've used!