Monday, June 25, 2007

Cami-licious Flowers

It's featured stamper time again, boy does the weeks go fast especially if you are following all the challenges on SCS. This week there is yet another great gallery of cards to drool over and this week the gallery & featured stamper is Cambria Turnbow. There are many cards in Cambria's gallery I would love to case if I had the time but the one I chose to case is a particular favorite of mine and one I have wanted to case ever since she first posted it to her gallery way back in January, of course back then I didn't even own the stamps so couldn't case it and since then there have been other things to keep me from going back and doing so. You can find Cambria's card here.

Normally when I participate in the featured stamper challenge the first thing I do is change the colors as that is one of the easier things to do, but part of what I loved about Cambria's card was the color so I decided to keep the red flowers etc. These are the changes I made:
  • Used stripes for the bottom layer rather than polka dots
  • Changed my verse
  • Added piercing to the top right hand corner
  • Changed the black strip to a scallop border
  • Added red ribbon along the scallop border
  • Added a few more flowers at the top of the card & the right hand side
I hadn't intended to add the extra flowers but when I stamped my verse I stamped it to far down for my liking, adding the extra flower at the top made it look better.

Recipe:
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley & Little by Little - Stampin' Up; Behind the Scenes - My Favorite Things
Paper: Red, Black & White
Other: Black Ink; Marvy Brush Markers # 2 & 96; Slot Punch - Stampin' Up; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing tool & guide.

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!! I love the changes you made. Great card!!

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic card, like those flower stamps

Laura said...

Oh wow, how beautiful this is!! i love the card.

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! Another great card! Beautiful!