Saturday, June 30, 2007

CASEing an Idea

While I was blurfing last night I came across a card idea I just knew straight away I would be CASEing today and here are the results. The card I discovered was created by Dawn Griffith of Dawns Stamping Thoughts, you can find her cards here. As you can see I only CASED the idea not the complete card. I decided to use my new Text Box stamps by Papertrey Ink.

To create these cards I cut my A4 card in half so I had two long pieces of card and then folded one of them in half (the other piece makes another card). I decorated the card how I wanted and then I tore a piece out of right side of the card, for this I used my deckle edged ruler which made it a lot easier to tear straight but if you don't have anything like this you could just tear freehand. The far right piece you tore off you keep, but you can throw out the middle piece that originally went between this piece. I then punched out 3 pieces of card using the word window punch and attached these to the card to join the two pieces back together. One thing I did discover while creating these two cards is that it was better to add a tiny piece of double sided tape to the two ends of the word window punched pieces before attaching to your card and then add your brad, this stops the card from swivelling with the brads.
This photo above may give you a better idea of how there is nothing but space between the two pieces of card. The white you can see in all the photos is actually from the inside of the card.

I added a punched out leaf to each of my word window punched piece for the green leaf card. For the red card I stamped out the smaller flower in the Text Box set that matches the flower rectangle panel.

Recipe:
Green Leaf Card: Stamps: Text Box & Paper Tray - Papertrey Ink
Card: Old Olive, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip Ink - Stampin' Up; Word Window Punch & Tab Punch - SU; Leaf Punch - Carl; Olive Brads; Deckle Ruler

Red Flower Card: Stamps: Text Box & Paper Tray - Papertrey Ink
Card: Red, Black & White
Other: Real Red Ink - Stampin' Up; Black Ink; Word Window Punch & Tab Punch - SU; Red Brads

4 comments:

Kristine said...

OMGoodness...you ROCKED IT!! Both these cards are soo pretty and that sketch is just too cute. I'm gonna be trying that one soon!! So, is that white piece on the front or the inside??

Anonymous said...

OH ya Girlfriend Your cards are FABULOUS!! Hey I love your blog too .. so Happy I found it ..
Thanks for the plug GF and see you later ..
xoox
Dawn

Libby Hickson said...

This is such a neat idea - I missed it on Dawn's blog, so thanks for sharing! Your cards are great, I love the first one especially - I love green & I love the little punched leaves on the bars, too cute!

Rose Ann said...

I saw these at Dawn's site, and thought they were awesome! YOU did a wonderful job, and I love how you used the new Text Boxed set!