Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dad's Shirt

I have finally finished my second card for this week's technique challenge. I had actually made this tiny shirt first and then decided I wanted to make the larger shirt to make as a free standing card and of course I got sidetracked with the other one that I didn't manage to get this finished and then it got tooo late. I started up again this morning and then had to go out and have just now managed to get it finished!!!!!

For this one I wanted to make use of my tiny tie & pocket stamps that I purchased a couple of years ago especially for this type of card. Then today while out shopping I found these cute tiny button brads which come in white, black & silver and of course I had to get some and then use them on this card. As my tie was red and black I wanted to repeat that look at the side with the black brads so punched out 3 circles which I attached to the brad before placing on the card.

If I made this card again I would probably make the canvas background a little lighter than it is here, but it is done now so this is the way it will stay.

Recipe: Stamps: Pocket & Tie - Handmade by Me; DAD - Karen Foster; Greeting - Miss B Designs; Canvas - Stampin' Up
Paper: Always Artichoke - SU; Red; White; Travel Stripes DP by Sandlion
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel Ink - Stampin' Up; Ticket Corner Punch - SU; Black Brads; Circle Punch

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love the paper, and that tie and pockets, you must have a stamp for everything, how cute

Rose Ann said...

I love the paper you've used here. Your shirt is perfect! Love this card!

Tracy.H said...

Awesome card! Love the tie and pocket stamps too! :0)

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome creation today!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Melissa said...

This just might be my favorite shirt card I've ever seen! Great job!

broni said...

I love this card! What cute little tie and button stamps too! I've already decided to try the full size shirt card. It's great too!

Kristine said...

GOOD JOB!! That looks terrific! :) Love the little pockets and just all the details on this one. :) BTW, could you tell me the dimensions you used on your hawaiian shirt?? I'm thinking I'll have the kids do those in church group WEd. night.

Michele Kovack said...

I love, love, love, this card!