Sunday, June 10, 2007

Teatime!

This is yet another of my new stamps from yesterdays shopping expedition, I was hoping to be able to get a few Whipper Snapper stamps - I didn't find many but I couldn't pass up this adorable little creature! I thought this would be the perfect stamp to use for Beate's Sketch challenge. This week Beate decided that the card we create be a gate fold card.

I also decided that this card would work for the limited supply challenge seeing that my other card I created wouldn't. The little flower is a set of 4 stamps which come in different sizes, I love this stamp it is sooo useful. The flower on the cup the mouse is sitting in reminded me of this little flower so I thought it would make the perfect background for this card. I stamped the flower all over my white card using black ink, colored it in with my tria's. I was going to leave it there but I really didn't like the look of all that white space that was left in between the flowers - I wanted it to better match the cup - so I got my tria I used to color the cup and colored in the background - thank goodness for alcohol pens!


Recipe: Stamps: Mouse in Cup - Whipper Snapper; Flower - alota; Greeting - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White; Pale Violet; Lavender
Other: Black Ink; Scallop Punch; Creative Memories Circle Cutter; White Gel Pen; Trias

11 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a cute mouse! I love this card!

Alli Miles said...

What a cheerful card. Don't you just love Beate's challenges? Thank you so much for sharing.

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable!! I love that little mouse!

Anonymous said...

So very adorable!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the stamp

Heather P. said...

Totally adorable! Love the stamped image. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for participating n the challenge!

Diane Gilbert said...

This card is adorable! I love the way you colored it, beautiful!

Wanda said...

I LOVE this card, it's adorable! TFS

Kristine said...

What a CUTIE PATOOTIE!! LOVE that stamp Frances :) I also did one of Beate's Gate Fold cards yesterday and SEWED my paper on! I love to sew on my cards, but I don't have a good place for my sewing machine...dinner table doesn't do...outta sight, outta mind, ya know?? Anyways, this card is just sooo cute.. Great job!

Libby Hickson said...

This is adorable! Love the colors & your coloring is lovely.