Saturday, June 16, 2007

Patriotic Cards

1. This weeks limited supply challenge is to make Patriotic cards. We had 2 options.

Option 1 was to use patriotic colors to make a patriotic themed card but not to use
traditional patriotic stamps.

Option 2 was to use patriotic colors and any images but it can't be a patriotic card.

2. I needed to make a card or actually a card front for a book club I belong to - the theme was "Ideas for the Little Ones" in other words a kids card.

3. I decided to go with "option 2" to make use patriotic colors and any image but it wasn't a
patriotic card.

4. I wanted to combine the limited supply challenge and make a kids card for #2 above. I also liked the idea of making a card in the colors red, white and blue.

5. I live in Australia - although our flag are the colors of red white & blue these aren't the colors we would consider "Australian colors"

6. Australian colors are - Green & Gold

7. While I was making my pirate card for this challenge, my daughter asked me what I was doing and I explained the limited supply challenge and what the theme was for this week. My daughter said "those aren't Australian colors!" I knew that, but I wanted to use them making a green & gold card wasn't as big of a challenge.

8. To keep everyone happy I decided to make 2 cards for this challenge - my 2nd one is in Australian Colors - Green & Gold.

9. I decided to use my new chicken stamp I got last week as a chicken can be yellow (gold).

10. This chicken for some reason reminds me of my friend on SCS Cindy aka Mothermark. Cindy would normally describe her cards in this fashion and for this particular challenge I decided to too. I am sure Cindy won't mind for one time LOL.

11.
I took the card in to show my daughter when I had finished, she said "It's Green & Gold!"


Recipes:

Ahoy Matey:
Stamps: Ahoy Matey & Matey's Map - Stampin' Up
Papers: Red; White; Blue & Black
Other: Black Ink; White Brilliance Ink; Bisque Fluid Chalk

Hi Chick:
Stamps: Chicken - Inky Antics; Chicken Wire - Unknown; Dirt - SU; Greeting - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Papers: Marigold Morning & Certainly Celery - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; Amber Clay Fluid Chalk; Circle Scallop Punch; Word Window Punch - SU; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Tobacco Brads

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Such cute cards! I enjoy stopping by your blog as often as I can to see what wonderful things you have created!!!

Alhambra Club said...

They are both fantastic, your pirate is a cutie, how interesting that your flag colors are red, white and blue and green and gold are considered Australia's colors, thanks for sharing that information, did not know it and love learning new things.

Erin said...

These cards are seriously cute I especially love the pirate. No the chicken, no the pirate... anyhow I love them!

Libby Hickson said...

This post was very educational, I didn't know Australia's colors were green & gold! :-) These cards are both adorable!!