Sunday, August 5, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #13


As I was going to be home alone again yesterday as everyone else had places they had to be, I decided I would get out of the house for a little while ....... so I went up to one of the local scrapbook shops that I like as I wanted to get some more Basic Grey papers .......... I was lucky enough also to find the new 'Infuse' range tooo so of course I had to get some.

Of course I had to use some of it for Beate's weekend sketch today and also one of my new cat stamps from Pink Cat Studio .......... isn't it just the cutest!!!!!!!!! I had lots of fun creating this one. I didn't have the right color pink ribbon I wanted to use so I did my little trick of coloring it with my alcohol marker ...... I love doing this!

Another thing I did last night was finally sort though all my Christmas stamps and get some sort of order to them. It has been a nightmare trying to find a particular Christmas stamp for many years as I have 3 large containers full of them and more often than not the one I would want would be in the very last container and right down the bottom. Last time I was at the scrapbook store I was at yesterday, I noticed they were giving away pizza boxes when you purchased 10 sheets of papers ....... at the time I didn't want 10 sheets of paper as I had already been to another scrapbook shop that morning where I had gotten more than enough ......... but I did want the boxes ........ so I ended up talking the owner to sell me some. Yesterday when I was at the store I was able to have another 2 free, so I thought it was about time I got to it and sorted those stamps. I have most of them now sorted by company in the pizza boxes .......... I didn't have quite enough of these ....... but I did have some I had gotten stuff from the states which take 2 rows of stamps so used those too. I might have to still do a little bit of work on some of the miscellaneous ones ........ but this should work out much better than I had it before ........ and I might actually enjoy getting a Christmas stamp out to use .......... which is a good thing considering I will have to soon think about making these if I am going to have enough to send out this year.

Recipe:
Stamps: Cat & Verse - Pink Cat Studio; Lattice B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Rose Red - SU; Pink Prisma Card; White; Infuse - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Blush Rose Fluid Chalk; Pink Prima; Brads; White Grosgrain Ribbon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Frances, I can't wait to see your craft room! Do you have Iris carts with shallow drawers to hold your stamps too? Very adorable cat! I love Melissa's art at Pink Cat Studio!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love the cat stamp!

Alex said...

Your card is really cute! TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, I love it!

Melissa said...

What a fun card! This is the very first card I have seen with the new cat stamps and you did such a lovely job :) I would love it if you would post it in the customer gallery on my website!!
Happy Stamping!
Melissa

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

What a cute card, it's so pretty in pink ~ jovi

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful card! The kitty is so cute! And I love the colours.