Sunday, August 5, 2007

88 Keys of Stamping!

Hehehehehe! That's this week's featured stamper on SCS, Deb aka 88Keys ......... what fun it was to look through her gallery to select a card to CASE this afternoon. I decided to go with one of her collage cards ......... this seem to be a very popular card that Deb creates as I think I counted 5 or 6 in her gallery. You can see the card I cased of Deb's here.

This was a fun card to create and was simply a matter of stamping the image using black ink onto colored card and then punching it out ..... I used my 1 3/8" Marvy square punch ..... if you don't have a punch you could use a cutter, however a punch ensures that all your pieces are the same size.

You can use any stamps you like to punch out, I randomly just selected some stamps I had on my table and then a few other nature related stamps. I also like the idea that Deb used of having one image appear whole on the card so I recreated that with the flower from Natural Beauty.

You could just attach all the pieces to your card and leave it at that, but again I liked how Deb had used various embellishments to dress her card up so I did too. I wanted to do something on mine which Deb hadn't done on hers ....... so I added the photo corner to the bottom left hand corner. My metal dragonfly I used was originally silver which would have been out of place on this card so I used my black alcohol marker to age it, it didn't make it black black, it just took the silvery look off it which I really like.

Changes I made:
  • Changed the colors
  • Used different stamps
  • Added photo corner
Recipe:
Stamps: Natural Beauty; Looks Like Spring; Ageless Adornment; Baroque Motif - all Stampin' Up
Papers: Sage Shadow - SU; Black
Other: Black Ink; Black Brads (various sizes) Olive Brad; Photo Corner Punch; Silver Dragonfly; Ric Rac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. Love all the different stamps you used. TFS! Renee - redhead68