Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Parents to Be!

Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make a Cami Trifold Card. My daughter's best friend is expecting her 1st baby any time now and is having a baby shower soon, so I decided to make my card into a card that my daughter could give to her friend at the shower.

As they do not know whether the baby will be a boy or a girl ........ I went with a neutral color for the card ...... I like this background paper and it goes sooo well with Sage Shadow and the circles in the paper kind of relate to the bubbles in the bath.

After I had made the basic card I had to decide what to use as the greeting, I wanted something to fill the length of the panel if possible ...... I have one of those multi stamps (like the old style date stamps) with 12 different baby related greeting on it, so I decided to use that ........ 2 I put on the front of the card as I thought that was appropriate there and the rest I put on the inside as you can see by the photo above. I had to add the question mark to both the its a girl/its a boy greetings - seeing we don't know as yet! The ribbon was originally white, I colored it with my alcohol marker to get the color I wanted.

Hopefully my daughter and her friend will like it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Baby First - Stampin' Up; Baby Greeting Multi Stamp - EK Success
Paper: Sage Shadow - SU; Phoebe - Basic Grey; White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Scallop Circle Punch; CM Circle Cutter; Word Window Punch - SU; White Gel Pen, Hole Punch; White Grosgrain Ribbon

5 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

So cute! Love the paper & colors, and love how you did the sentiments inside.

Karen said...

Love that baby stamp and the sentiments inside. It's just so cute! I saw it on SCS earlier

Alhambra Club said...

Love the color and background paper, it is so soft and sweet and that baby stamp is just adorable.

BarbK said...

This is gorgeous. So soft and tender. Great card.

michelle sturgeon said...

Alright, now this is one amazing card! LOVE it! I love the way the scallop punch can be a nice border when you punch the middle out!