Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful Blossoms

As I didn't have anything urgent to do today, I thought I would play with my new Beautiful Blossoms set from Papertrey Ink that arrived yesterday ...... these are so much fun! I also decided to use the colors for this weeks color challenge over at SCS. The colors this week are: Purely Pomegranate; Pretty In Pink & Old Olive.

For this card I first started by stamping the solid flower all over my square white card using my pink pastel fluid chalk ink pad (I don't have pretty in pink just yet). I then stamped the centres of the flowers with the tartan centre using pomegranate ink and then the leaves using olive pastel fluid chalk. This was layered to purely pomegranate & old olive card.

I created a square pretty in pink card and stamped the baroque flourish in the top left corner of the card . I then adhered my decorated floral piece to the left side of the card. I then created 4 rows of paper piercing down the right and bottom edge of the card. The edges were also sponges using pink pastel ink. I also added the photo corner to the bottom corner .... I just love those photo corners (have ya noticed!)

To finish the card I cut out 3 flowers using my cuttlebug flower die and stamped the same flower I used to decorate my back piece .... 1 in pink pastel and the other 2 in purely pomegranate and then the flower centres to co-ordinate with the flower. These were attached to the top left corner of the flower panel using foam tape. I then stamped "birthday" in black on purely pomegranate card and used my large SU punch to punch it out, trimmed the right edge and attached it to the lower right corner on the flower panel ........ Done!


Recipe:
Stamps: Beautiful Blossoms - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Pretty In Pink & Old Olive - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Purely Pomegranate SU Ink; Pink Pastel & Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk; Photo Corner Punch; Lge Oval Punch; Flower Cuttlebug Die; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; 3 Burgundy Micro Brads; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love what you did with this set and the colors.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, love the colors and the flowers!

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous! I love all the piercing, and the background is beautiful!! Love it!!