Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Olivia's Blue Flower!

I am a little late doing my sketch challenge card today as I had a couple of friends over. We had a fun day and of course I showed off my new owl stamps, they even help me narrow down my chose of which owl stamps to use for the sketch challenge while they were here .... I think we narrowed it down to 3 different ones ;)

Anyway I also wanted to do the color challenge this week which was to use the colors: Blue Bayou; Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip ...... this helped me finalise the decision as I wanted to use one that I could use a blue to match the blue bayou .... at first I had thought of coloring the owl blue .......... oh sooooo hard for me .......... but I am actually going to do it some day .... I am, I am! but not this time ;) Anyway as you can see I settled for Olivia's sunflower but of course in my card it isn't a sunflower but a blue flower, hehehehe!

This is a fairly simple card and pretty self explainatory so I won't bore you toooo much with details. The flowers I used on the side of the card were originally white ..... I colored them using the same alcohol marker I used to color the flower on the image, I think I will get more white flowers as then I can just color them whatever color I need at the time ....... I expect will also still buy colored when I find ones I like!

Recipe:
Stamps: Olivia's Sunflower - Stampendous; Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up; Rice Paper Background - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Blue Bayou, Sahara Sand & Chocolate Chip - SU; White
Other: Black Ink; Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; White Flowers - Imaginisce; Brown Brads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the layout!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the blue and brown

Rose Ann said...

This is super cute! Love your layout and flowers. Those owl stamps are so cute, and perfect for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I am so pleased you got the owls! Fantastic job with the blue flower.

Caz