Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bronco Buster Rides Again!

As you can see I am still playing with my Bronco Buster & Wanted stamp sets by Stampin' Up ...... I just love playing with these. When I saw what today's sketch challenge was I just had to make another card using this set. I think I might actually hide this one in a minute and give it to my DH for Father's Day which is on Sunday.

For all my friends not living in Australia .... yes we celebrate Father's Day on the first Sunday in September not in June as you all do ....... I have no idea why ....... maybe it was to spread out the spending a little .... esp as Halloween isn't big here and we don't celebrate Thanks Giving at all. Of course I could be way off too ..... who knows!

For this card I used more of my outlaw designer paper by SU, it definitely makes creating this type of card so much easier but of course not essential! I remembered this time to distress all the edges of my card .... I think this set suits the distressed look!

The scallop circle in the lower right side of the card was created using my cricut machine & mini monograms, it was cut at 1 3/4 inches real size on. The star brads were originally a silver color ........ I wanted these to match my brads I used a little better so I colored them with an alcohol ink marker!

I used my paper piercing mat & tool to create 3 rows of paper piercing down the right side of my card. I seem to be using this tool a lot this week!

Recipe:
Stamps: Bronc Buster; Wanted; Rough Texture Wheel - Stampin' Up
Paper: Creamy Caramel; Really Rust; Chocolate Chip; Outlaw Designer Paper - SU; White
Other: Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Circle Punch; Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Brass Brads; Star Brads; Foam Tape; Distress Tool


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great father's day card for Mr Owl. I'm sure he'll love it just as much as I do.

Rose Ann said...

This is really awesome, Frances! Yee haw! I love everything about this beauty!

michelle sturgeon said...

Awesome! i love everything...all the detail is fab!

Anonymous said...

I was already admiring this card over on SCS. It's absolutely gorgeous!