Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quack Quack!

My new High Hopes stamps arrived this afternoon just before Roxie uploaded the sketch challenge for this week on SCS, so of course I wanted to try and use one of them for my sketch card this week. I decided to go with this cute this duck, this is a fun sketch and I enjoyed creating this card.

I started by cutting my yellow card to the size I wanted and then cutting out the oval shape in the middle with my creative memories oval cutter (I seem to be using that even more these days ...... which of course is a good thing!). I then cut off my corners on the top left and bottom right hand sides and then embossed this using my tiny bubbles embossing folder. Next I layered to the black card and trimmed around the edges where needed. From there is was pretty easy to put together!


Recipe:
Stamps: Duck & Verse - High Hopes Stamps; Weave B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms; Corner - My Favorite Stamps
Papers: Certainly Celery - SU; Yellow, Black & White
Other: Black Ink; Certainly Celery SU Ink; Orange Brads; Creative Memories Oval Cutter; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

7 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This is such a FANTASTIC card! WOW! I love your work!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, the duck is adorable and your sketch is fantastic.

Anna said...

This is super cute. I love the design and the colors are so vibrant.

Lynda said...

How cute is this Frances??? I love it! I think I am going to break down and get the Cuttlebug. I have talked myself out of it so many times and AC Moore has the entire line 40% off this week! You have pushed me over the edge!!! My husband thanks you!

Lynda

Pam Speidel said...

The duckie and your card are just as CUTE as can be!! Love the cuttlebugged bkgd and the special corners too! Sooo glad I found your blog! You go girl! :)

Michele Kovack said...

I love this card! You have such a knack for colors and layouts!

Kristine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your corners!! :) Don't be surprised if you see that on some of my future cards ;0) heehee. THis yellow ducky is soo adorable!! :) Love this sketch too...this rocks! {{hugs}}