Monday, August 6, 2007

Oriental Grid Collage

Late last night I got to thinking about the collage grid card I had created for this weeks featured stamper challenge for SCS. I liked the colors I had used but thought wouldn't a red & black card look great using this technique and of course thinking red & black got me thinking about an oriental theme for the card ............ of course I had to stop everything I was doing at the time and get working on it ....... so I grabbed my draw of oriental stamps and set to work.

I still wanted to do that whole image thing in 2 of the panels which I did using my cherry blossom stamp. Once all the little squares were attached to the black card it was time to work on the embellishments ...... as there was such a black space in the middle square I thought that would be a great place to put one of my little charms I got at the last show really cheap which I attached using a black brad rather than gluing for a change. I then decided to place a couple more brads on either side of the word "eternity" in the bottom square ....... the last embellishment took a little figuring out as to what to do and then I remembered my mizuhiki cord so got out some black cord and tied a knot to place on the top right square ..... I think it turned out ok!

Recipe:
Stamps: Budda & Lady - 4th Generation; Cherry Blossom - My Stamps; Dragon - All Night Media; Bamboo - PSX; Eternity - Lucy's Stamps; Girl - Acorn; Script - Unknown
Paper: Real Red - SU; Black
Other: Black Ink; Black Brads; Mizuhiki Cord; Charm

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

Oh yes! It turned out very nicely.