Monday, August 27, 2007

Dancing Snowflake!

This card is for the special challenges I do every week with a group of friends over at SCS. This week we had to make our cards using items that were sent to us. These items were:
  • the polka dot background paper
  • winter charm
  • snowflake die cut with white brad (centre of dancing snowflake)
  • sheer polka dot ribbon
Other than that we could use anything else we wanted. There was also a second part to this challenge ..... which was that everyone had to send their completed snow cards to ME!!!!!!!! ....... because I have never seen snow ...... now how cool is that!!!!!! I already have one of the cards sitting here and can't wait to see the other 6 in real life!

It also stated I had to send mine to someone who hadn't seen snow ...... well everyone I asked has seen snow so we have now changed this and I will be posting mine off to one of the other challengers ...... it seems fair ..... I have decided who I am sending it to but I am not telling ;)

When I first found out about this challenge I wasn't sure what I would do but after some thought I remembered about this "Winter Sprite" stamp by Stampendous ........ I can't remember buying this so I think someone must have given it to me sometime ..... it seemed a great opportunity to finally use it! When I first started making this card I almost had a disaster already cause I cut the background paper square and then discovered I needed it longer ....... fortunately the leftover piece was a fraction longer so it wasn't a major disaster ....... however I would have liked the card to be a fraction longer ago but oh well ..... I am happy with how it turned out.

I used my snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the blue panel and then highlighted the embossed areas using white ink.

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Sprite - Stampendous
Paper: Bordering Blue & Brocade Blue - SU; White; White polka dot DP - unknown
Other: Weathered Wood Distress Ink; White Brilliance Ink; Winter Charm; Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon; Snowflake Die cut; Blue Brads; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

16 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

great card, the colours are fabulous and you used one of my fave snow stamps

Anonymous said...

Thia is gorgeous! I love the layout and the colors- well, everything! TFS

Broni said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the softness and serenity it evokes. Whoever receives this is one lucky lady!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

She's wonderful, Frances! I love how snowy and wintery your card is.

Alhambra Club said...

This is lovely, have images of that stamp and was not sure how to use it, sure now.

Libby Hickson said...

This is so sweet & pretty - I just love that winter sprite! Never seen snow? Wow! I love it when it's first fallen, but I hate driving in it. Not much of it here in Texas, but I grew up in Michigan with LOTS of snow!

Tracy.H said...

I absolutely love this card! :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just incredibly gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely STUNNING card! So pretty!
Even though we have snow from sometime in October(flurries) to March(sometimes April) I LOVE snowy cards. NOT snow itself...haha
Love that image too!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a beautiful card. The colours are so, so beautiful. Very elegant. Wouldn't this make a nice Christmas card. Can you post all of the cards together when you get them from the others? You did a lovely job on your card.

Anonymous said...

This is just so delicate and pretty! tfs

Melissa said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful snowflake card! I can almost feel the chill...gorgeous!

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, wow, this is just breathtaking! Love it!

jean said...

This is such a delicate looking card. I love it. The colors are so subtle and perfect together.
jean

Lynn Put said...

This is so pretty!