Tuesday, August 7, 2007

All Aboard - It's a Birthday!

This card is for my Monday challenge I do with a group of friends on SCS. This week our challenge was to create a masculine card with PINK! We could use just a little bit of pink or a lot of pink as long as it had pink in the card and it was masculine! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!! Yes that was my first thought for this challenge ......... male I can do, easy ............... I have tons of male themed stamps (can always do with more though ;) ) A pink male card well that was a scary thought!

Anyway ......... a few weeks ago when I went out shopping with a friend to get some Basic Grey papers for last weeks challenge, I thought I would also look out for some papers that had pink in them but also had male colors in them too ........... I found a few different ones many striped, so I got a few different ones because at that stage I still didn't know what card I would be creating.

I sat down on Friday afternoon to create my card so I had the weekend to do other things I might want to do, I went though my papers and found this matching pair which I thought would work ok. I already had an idea of sorts some of the images I might use but that was still flexible at that stage ....... the next thing was to work out the layout to use ........... I decided to use one of the sketches I had already used the week previously as I had done a few at least one - two daily what with the DD challenges etc. And decided to go with Beate's weekend sketch #12 from last week. Once I worked that all out I knew what sizes I wanted my main image to be so went with the train. My DH is a very into model railways ............. this may be his birthday card which is still about 6 weeks away ....... so this card serves two purposes ........... the challenge and his birthday!!!!!!!

Anyway creating a "Male card with pink" didn't turn out to be half as scary as I thought it would be :)

Recipe: Stamps: All Aboard, Totally Tabs, Rough Texture Wheel - Stampin' Up; Happy Birthday - Hero Arts
Papers: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up; White; Joyful Stripe & Joyful Dots DP - All My Memories
Other: Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Tab Punch; Photo Corner Punch; Brown Brads; Paper Piercing Tool & Mat; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon

5 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

THAT is what a VERY creative mind comes up with. I'm impressed!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love the colors and paper, layout and how you shaded the image.

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is amazing! Totally love this layout! Awesome job girl! :)

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Karen said...

This is awesome. You really don't even notice the pink even though it's there.

Rose Ann said...

Great job making a pink masculine!! I love your card! Those colors, piercing, tab & corner....perfect!