Monday, August 13, 2007

When it's Hot!

I love doing beach scenes so it wasn't a big surprise for me when I decided to do a beach scene for this week's challenge I do with a group of friends on SCS. This week's challenge was to make a *Hot* card ...... how we interpreted this was up to us ...... it could be hot like a sunny summer day, hot like red hot chillie pepper, hot like on fire etc .... I think you get the idea. Of course I decided to go with the hot like a sunny summer day. As it is winter here summer seems such a nice thought ..... I am sure once summer is here I will be wanting cooler weather .... you know how we can be at times ;)

Most of the stamps used in this scene are from High Hopes stamps .... they have some fun stamps. For this scene I started by stamping the little boy first and masking him and then I stamped the beach scene. I then stamped the girl, the little boy and the crab onto a scrap of white card. I cut the girl out and removed her legs (ouch!) and cut the boy out except for his spade. After coloring everything I placed the girl in the water and attach the boy image over the original one using foam tape. The crab I attached to the lower right side of the card and the sun was stamped onto the top right hand corner.

For the verse I used I stamped it onto so saffron card and used my word window punch to punch out just the last two words and attached it to the card just under the boy. I also used my photo corner punch to create a photo corner for the left side of the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Boy, Girl, Crab & Beach Scene - High Hopes Stamps; Sun - Posh; Verse - Krafty Lady; Texture Cube - Lucy's Stamps
Paper: So Saffron, Ballet Blue & Pumpkin - Stampin' Up; White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Marvy Marker #43; Word Window Punch & Photo Corner Punch - SU; Blue Brads; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, beautiful card, wonderful detail.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! Wonderful card! The details you put into this card, absolutely amazing job!

Rose Ann said...

What an adorable Summery card! Your coloring looks amazing! Perfect to warm you up in your winter down under. ;)

Anonymous said...

An absolutely adorable card! I can see lots of work went into it but it was definitely worth it!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I can't believe all the stamps you have! One for every occassion. Great card!

Gail Binette said...

Oh how fun and colorful. A perfect summer day card.