Saturday, August 18, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #15

It's time for another of Beate's weekend sketch challenges, as you know I always look forward to be able to do Beate's sketch challenges every weekend.

Yesterday I received an order which included Fancy Pant's Pollen Dust Stamp Set, so I was hoping I would be able to incorporate it somehow in Beate's sketch. I knew for sure I wanted to use one of the flourish stamps in that set so went looking for the papers I would use ...... I ended up deciding to use Basic Grey's Infuse papers which includes the pink piece used for the background.

The flourish is stamped at the top of the pink paper using Chocolate Chip SU ink and then layered to the folded chocolate chip card. The other two DP are both layered also onto Choc chip card, the stripe piece attach to the bottom of the card so just a small piece of the pink can be seen below it. The "Birthday wishes" is stamped on the right hand side using black ink. I attached pieces of brown grosgrain ribbon to the floral DP using staples and then layered that to my card as above.

The flower is also from the Pollen Dust set, it was stamped onto white card using blush rose fluid chalk and then the edges of the flower were sponged with chocolate chip ink after the flowers had been cut out. The flower is attached to a piece of white card which I first sponged using blush rose ink and then chocolate chip on the edges. The flower is then attached to the centre of this card using a brown brad.

I added paper piercing to the top right and bottom left hand corners of the flower layer and also to the stripe piece to the left of "Birthday Wishes".

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourish & Flower - Pollen Dust by Fancy Pants; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Chocolate Chip - SU; White; Infuse DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Blush Rose Fluid Chalk; Brown Brad; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Stapler; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool

15 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card! I love all the sponging, and the cut-out flower is gorgeous!!! Great job with the sketch.

Rose Ann said...

This is totally gorgeous, Frances!! I love the papers and the big beautiful flower. Your sponging is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is so beautiful! Took my breath away when I looked at it.
I am always looking forward to you trying the sketch! Your work is amazing.
Hugs and smiles

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card! Love what you did with Beate's sketch!

Allison Rankin said...

Super duper!

Melissa said...

Fabulous! Excellent job!

Alex said...

What a gorgeous card Frances! I love it! TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! You never cease to amaze me with each and every Beate sketch you do.

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh so stunning! WOW!!!
:-)

Anna said...

This is gorgeous. I love the flower and the beautiful BG paper.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I just think this is beyonf gorgeous, Frances!!

A Creative Place said...

Frances - this is gorgeous - loving it all
Kerrie

Angel said...

Very pretty!!!

Shannon McGann said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! I love all the textures and layers and beautiful colours. Awesome!