Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Californian Cow!

Well it's Monday once again so it time for me to post my special challenge I do with a group of friends on SCS. As our head cheerleader in our group lives in California and she is also a dairy farmer, our challenge was to create a card with Happy Cows (Californian Cows) ....... apparently there are some other cows in the States that are not so happy ......... now I am not saying this is true as what would I know about cows in the USA seeing that I live in Australia ..... I am just saying what I have heard ....... oh and there is something about a commercial too!

Anyway I am hoping this passes as a "Happy Cow" card ....... what more could any cow ask for but a yummy grass cake! To get a nice even looking cow spot, once I had stamped out the cow spots using black ink, I then went back with my black tria marker and colored over them ......... I do this often when I have a solid black image, it takes a little longer to complete the card ........ but in my opinion is well worth the time spent.

Having never seen the commercials in question I thought I would do a search and see if I could find any info on these "Happy Cow" commercials ..... for anyone interested you can see them here.

Recipe: Stamps: Cow - Penny Black; Cow Spot B/G - alota Rubber Stamps; Happy - Papertrey Ink
Papers: Certainly Celery - SU; White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Photo Corner Punch; White Brads; Circle Punches

10 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Adorable! That spotted background is perfect!! Great card!

Sharon in NE said...

Nice job!!

SusanBluerobot said...

this card is sooo cute and the cow is sooo cute too

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is adorable, Frances! I love the stamp and the background paper (or is that a stamp, too?).

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card and all your black and white, yes there is a "California Cows are Happy Cows" commercial in the status, glad you found it, they have a few of them.

Anonymous said...

I think you've captured the essence of the "Happy Cow", lol. Great little card!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Well, it must be a happy cow because I smiled big as soon as I saw this card! Tooooo cute Frances!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! I love it so much, it makes me happy and its a cow, so it IS a Happy Cow card.

BarbK said...

love this card and those commercials are so funny. tfs!

michelle sturgeon said...

LOL! The cow udder ballon is hillarious! Great card!