Saturday, August 25, 2007

Christmas in August!

It was time for another VSN pre challenge over at SCS today. Today challenge was Christmas in August ....... we had to create a Christmas card but rather than using traditional colors we could only use fall colors.

This is what I made today, I used the Christmas tree from My Favorite Things "Home for the Holidays" set. I stamped it on really rust and also on some green DP and pieced them together.
The base card I used my snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder to create a quick background and added the 2 layers across the card. The greeting is actually inside the card peeking out through I hole I punched in the front of the card. This was a nice quick one to make!

This photo does make it seem that the top part of the card is darker than the bottom ..... they are the exactly the same piece of card ..... just the way the light & camera picked it up.

Recipe:
Stamps: Home for the Holidays - My Favorite Things; Greeting - Papertrey Ink
Paper: More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Really Rust, Very Vanilla - Stampin' Up; Green DP
Other: Black Ink; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Olive & Caramel Brads; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Very pretty! I really love the colors and would never have thought to use autumn colors for a Christmas card.

Anonymous said...

What? I missed a challenge over on SCS? Dang it!
Your card looks wonderful! Love your tree and how you raised him, the unusual base color and the way you added the saying!