Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Dirty Dare - Single Layer

Well today is the last day of the DD challenges, it has been fun but it has also been lots of work trying to get through as many challenges as I could. Of course I haven't finished just yet as there are still a couple of challenges I want to get done .... one I mightn't get done today .... so I might try that one tomorrow.

The challenge for these two cards here were for Julie's "Single Layer" challenge and if we wanted to do a little extra we could also include window which I did for the Olive a party card above. As Julie is known for her love of Appletinis, I thought this one was appropriate for her challenge ;) And this week has been a little like a party, well almost! The ribbon was originally white and I colored it using my alcohol markers.

I also had to have a tiny play with my new garden whimsy set (my watermark is fading out the stems of the flowers on the right. It has been a long time since I have done single layers, way back when when I started stamping about 20 years ago that would be mostly what we did, layering came later ....... I think I would be happier with this one if it was layered onto a couple of other colors but ....... I can't do that for this challenge ;)

Recipe: Olive a Party Stamps: Simply Circles & Simple Shapes - Stampin' Up; Martini Glass - Vap! Scrap
Paper: White
Other: Black Ink; Olive Pastel & Burnt Sienna Fluid Chalk; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Scallop Circle Punch.

Garden Whimsy: Stamps: Garden Whimsy - SU; Grass - Hero Arts
Paper: White
Other: Real Red, Ballet Blue, Cool Caribbean & Summer Sun SU Ink; Marvy Marker #96; Red Grosgrain Ribbon

5 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

I just found your blog and it is FANTASTIC! OLIVE your olive card! LoL How super creative! I will be adding your blog to my favorites and hope you'll check out my blog as well. Smiles from Nebraska, USA ~ Pam :)
"Stamping with Serendipity"

Rose Ann said...

Your single layered cards turned out so great! Love them!

Kristine Reynolds said...

These are both really cute. I skipped this one because I just can't do a one layer card!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Okay, these are AWESOME! I don't attempt 1 layer cards...

Alhambra Club said...

Awesome as always, love how you did the olives.